New Private Message System (Privacy Issue)

5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #308532 by giorgionasis
New Private Message System (Privacy Issue) was created by giorgionasis
Hallo,

very happy to see this integration. I believe that a very good work have been done and many kudos for this!

As I was playing around to configure it I cannot find something to prevent registered users to send to registered users that are not connections of them.

This one have been regulated somehow?

And one more thing. The preview feature by clicking the message icon is great but how can a user navigate directly to his messages?

I noticed also in the preview window, if I click the second page of my messages then preview is closed and I am redirecting to messages page. Is this correct?

Thank you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 5 months ago #308549 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic New Private Message System (Privacy Issue)

As I was playing around to configure it I cannot find something to prevent registered users to send to registered users that are not connections of them.

This one have been regulated somehow?

There are no access controls for private messaging at this time. Anyone can message anyone. We've a feature ticket already to explore implementing access controls in addition to limiting PMs to connections only.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7337

And one more thing. The preview feature by clicking the message icon is great but how can a user navigate directly to his messages?

The preview feature renders the entire messages page. There isn't much reason or need to navigate directly to the messages page. With that said you could create a Joomla menu item with menu type of Community Builder > Plugin then for Plugin select Private Message System to link to their messages.

I noticed also in the preview window, if I click the second page of my messages then preview is closed and I am redirecting to messages page. Is this correct?

Yes, that's correct behavior.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 5 months ago #308557 by giorgionasis
Replied by giorgionasis on topic New Private Message System (Privacy Issue)

There are no access controls for private messaging at this time. Anyone can message anyone. We've a feature ticket already to explore implementing access controls in addition to limiting PMs to connections only.

I am sure you will and that you will offer in future more features and more clever workflow and UI than Uddeim did. (UI already rocks!)

Something last. How can I display the message icon to another place in my site to take advantage of the the preview feature that renders the entire messages page? You see it is very useful.

Thank you very much

5 years 5 months ago #308582 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic New Private Message System (Privacy Issue)

How can I display the message icon to another place in my site to take advantage of the the preview feature that renders the entire messages page?

At this time there's no means of displaying it elsewhere unless you also display the entire menu bar, which you can do using a tab substitution. See substitution tutorial below on how to substitute tabs in.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb

I don't have a solution to accomplish this specifically yet, but likely a new substitution. Have added a feature ticket to look into this further.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7348

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 5 months ago #308594 by giorgionasis
Replied by giorgionasis on topic New Private Message System (Privacy Issue)
Thank you Kyle.

It would be nice to see it instead it of the classic message icon and the text of new or not messages

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.395 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn