[#7374] Install problems via Upload Package File Tab

5 years 4 months ago #309026 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Install problems via Upload Package File Tab

Will I need to uninstall it as well, or can I install over the top of it?

It'll install over the top of it self. Try installing through CB > Plugin Management > Install New Plugin to see if it causes same issue if you haven't tried there already.

I would actually like to put a search module in an article which restricts results solely to CB Users (Rather like pre-checking the requisite box in "Search Only"). Is it beyond the advice of this forum to ask anyone to suggest code to filter out all areas apart from the CB Users Area? I don't mean to unpublish other plugins because I need them for the main search module.

That's not something for the CB Search Bot to do. The CB Search Bot just lets Joomlas search module search CB users. So any customization like what you're wanting needs to be done in the search module if available.

@krileon: I downloaded a package including a lot of plugins (by selecting them on the downloadspage and choosing "Download package" on november 27th. Install through Joomla extension manager - Upload package file caused no problems then. Just for your information.

Strange, not sure what to suggest.

If either of you can provide a test install where this issue is present please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will have to debug the issue further there as I am unable to reproduce across 3 different installs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #309070 by Astrid
Hi krileon,

Feel free to test:
This message contains confidential information

disabled all external plugins.
Edit: Found it! It's a PHP version issue. Working like expected with PHP 7.2 but not with PHP 7.3.

5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #309085 by krileon
We have not tested PHP 7.3 for compatibility. Only PHP 7.2 has been tested. PHP 7.3 wampserver package (what I use for local development) is not yet available. When it is will test and fix any PHP 7.3 compatibility issues. PHP 7.3 stable was released just this month (GA was released just today in fact) so I don't recommend using it yet (give us developers some time folks!).

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 4 months ago #309087 by adgilcan
Replied by adgilcan on topic Install problems via Upload Package File Tab
Yup!

I'm using 7.3. Well done Astrid for checking that. I'll wind back to 7.2 and give it a go. Any problems, I'll report back.

Kyle, do you sill need the Login details if this solves the issue?

Thanks

D

5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #309088 by krileon

Kyle, do you sill need the Login details if this solves the issue?

Nope, likely just a backwards compatibility issue between 7.2 and 7.3 we'll need to fix. Once the wampserver package is available will test and resolve any issues with 7.3.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7374

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

5 years 4 months ago #309092 by Astrid
Don't know if it helps debugging but this was the error:

PHP Notice: Undefined offset: 19 in ..../libraries/CBLib/CB/Legacy/cbPluginHandler.php on line 871
PHP Notice: Trying to get property 'published' of non-object in ...../libraries/CBLib/CB/Legacy/cbPluginHandler.php on line 871

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn