[#7374] Install problems via Upload Package File Tab

5 years 4 months ago #308996 by Astrid
I'm having exactly the same problem. When downloading a single module it adds all package information. Install from web causes the same problem.

When unzipping and installing only zip file which is found in extensions/modules folder it works.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 4 months ago #309013 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Install problems via Upload Package File Tab

Is this likely to have worked, and how do I now use the plugin, please?

It's a Joomla search plugin so you should be able to publish and configure it as necessary within Extensions > Plugins.

I'm having exactly the same problem. When downloading a single module it adds all package information. Install from web causes the same problem.

I don't see any reason for this to be happening and works fine in all my tests. Joomla didn't change any of its installer code as far as I'm ware so I've no clue what's blocking the package installer. Does the package installer work fine if you install it within CB > Plugin Management > Install New Plugin?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #309015 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Install problems via Upload Package File Tab
Ok, have reviewed package installer code to see why it'd output that there is nothing to install. It only does this if the ajax endpoint for installing something doesn't return a response of TRUE. This means you likely have something installed that's outputting something on the ajax endpoint. Likely a system plugin of some sort doing an echo. As the ajax respond only needs to begin with TRUE it means whatever is doing it is echoing before the install. Good place to start would be to unpublish 3rd party system plugins 1 by 1 within Extensions > Plugins until issue goes away.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 4 months ago #309018 by Astrid
It's a fairly new site with only some regular labs and JCE plugins installed. Disabled all external plugins and problem remains.

5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #309019 by adgilcan
Replied by adgilcan on topic Install problems via Upload Package File Tab
Hi

It does appear to work if you install as suggested by Astrid. It may be unusual but this has definitely been an issue for at least a few people. I don't mind helping out by unpublishing plugins and reinstalling CBSearch Bot. Will I need to uninstall it as well, or can I install over the top of it?

I would actually like to put a search module in an article which restricts results solely to CB Users (Rather like pre-checking the requisite box in "Search Only"). Is it beyond the advice of this forum to ask anyone to suggest code to filter out all areas apart from the CB Users Area? I don't mean to unpublish other plugins because I need them for the main search module.

That would be VERY much appreciated.

Many thanks and best wishes

D

5 years 4 months ago #309022 by Astrid
@adgilcan: maybe ask your question about search functionality in a new topic and concentrate in this topic on the problem as mentionned in the title. If not it might get confusing.
@krileon: I downloaded a package including a lot of plugins (by selecting them on the downloadspage and choosing "Download package" on november 27th. Install through Joomla extension manager - Upload package file caused no problems then. Just for your information.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.705 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn