Password in user approval mail

4 years 11 months ago #312245 by TheoSp
Password in user approval mail was created by TheoSp
I want next to user details to have displayed the password in the registration approved mail to the user.
The data are in 'YOUR_REGISTRATION_IS_APPROVED_MESSAGE'.
But when I add [password] it gives no value.
Could you please add this feature, because user may not have his confirm mail anymore in which the password stands.

Thanks, Theo

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 11 months ago #312277 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Password in user approval mail
You can't include the password in the user approval message. By then it is encrypted and can not be reversed. It can only be included in the Pending email, but again depending on configure it may be encrypted as well. In short it's bad practice to email passwords unless they were randomly generated and the user couldn't possibly know it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 11 months ago #312287 by TheoSp
Replied by TheoSp on topic Password in user approval mail
Thank you.
User receives the password in the confirm mail (pending mail), so why not in the approval mail.
When user receives the approval mail, which may take several days after confirmation because of administering payments, user may not find the confirm mail anymore and can't login.
So it's a bit a lack.

4 years 11 months ago #312296 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Password in user approval mail

User receives the password in the confirm mail (pending mail), so why not in the approval mail.

The pending email is sent the same time they are registering and at that time the password is still available ans cleartext. The user approval email is sent after registration has completed and after a moderator approves them, which by then the password is encrypted and no longer available in cleartext. What you are asking for is impossible and to store passwords in cleartext to provide what you're asking for is a massive security vulnerability. If they forget their password they should use the forgot login link in your CB Login Module.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn