How to prevent automatic Chrome sign in

4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #314441 by scubabyss
How to prevent automatic Chrome sign in was created by scubabyss
Good evening

I have an issue with profile update when a member is using Chrome.
Chrome automatically fill-up "Password field" with ********
The membre trying to change a value in another tab does not know password has being filled-up and does not understand that the site ask for second password typing and existing password. Therefore he/she cancel and report a bug.
The member does not want to change his password and does not understand that

I have checked on my own configuration. This is the case if the password for connection has been stored with chrome and "automatic connexion" is activated with chrome.

This is not the case with Firefox or Safari even if password is store.

Of course I can ask my members not to use Chrome, to erase entered ***** or to change Chrome parameters.

Is there any solution to overcome the Chrome setting with Joomla or Community Builder ?

Thank's a lot.
Lionel

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 7 months ago #314447 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic How to prevent automatic Chrome sign in
Chrome autocomplete shouldn't be doing that since we do set autocomplete="off" on the password input and on the entire form element. Most likely your issue is caused by a password manager browser extension like LastPass which ignores autocomplete="off" unless you tell it not to within its settings.

There's nothing we can do about this without using annoying workarounds like emptying the password field after a short delay using JS, which is terrible UX. The issue should be resolved on the users side of things by using a better password manager or configuring it to respect autocomplete="off".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 7 months ago #314448 by scubabyss
Replied by scubabyss on topic How to prevent automatic Chrome sign in
No, I am pretty sure this is not an auto password manager as I do not have one my own PC and the issue is there.

I just erased all passwords for all sites and username on my own Chrome under OSX and deactivated all preferences for password on chrome : It is working fine. There are no ******** in profile modification.
I then activated only "Ask for password storage", asking not to store it. : It is working fine as well. There are no ******** in profile modification.
I then logout from the site and login again accepting password to be stored : It does not work properly. Password field shows ******. of course "verify password" and "curent password" fields are empty.

I have checked that there is not any auto pass extension on my Chrome.

4 years 7 months ago #314449 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic How to prevent automatic Chrome sign in
It is entirely a browser autocomplete problem. We already apply autocomplete="off" to the input and to the form element. Best we can do is try implementing usage of the newer autocomplete="new-password" usage to see if Chrome will respect it.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7725

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scubabyss

4 years 7 months ago #314450 by scubabyss
Replied by scubabyss on topic How to prevent automatic Chrome sign in
I agree with you. For the time been I have published an information for the members to use another browser or to erase the******* in the password field before saving.

Thank's for your the time you spend .

Lionel

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn