cb-login Error Screen

4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #316742 by LNorth
Replied by LNorth on topic [SOLVED] cb-login Error Screen
I have now changed the login to appear on the public menu as a renamed CB Login menu from the example Community Builder Menu.

In the Module on the Login Options tab the Login Redirection URL is set to index.php taking the user back to the homepage on login. Leaving this blank leaves them on the login page with the Log out button in the top left hand part of the Main Body Position of the page. I would like the module to display on sidebar-b when selected from the menu and leave the Home Page displayed. If I set display in the module setting I get two displays, one on the Main body and one on the sidebar which is controlled in the page display. I would like the login to display only on the sidebar and only once selected from the menu (or other means if possible) with the logout button visible in place of the login menu once logged in. If the logout button option to display in place of the menu item this is also ok

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 1 month ago #316764 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic cb-login Error Screen
Set your CB Login Module to not display on your CB Login page via menu assignment within your module. As for menu swapping from Login to Logout look into using Joomlas Guest access feature shown below as you'll need to use Joomla ACL for that as CB has no control over menu display.

docs.joomla.org/J3.x:Access_Control_List_Tutorial#Allowing_Guest-Only_Access_to_Menu_Items_and_Modules

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LNorth

4 years 1 month ago #316770 by LNorth
Replied by LNorth on topic cb-login Error Screen
Perfect, thank you very much for leading me through this.
Best regards
Lawrence

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn