CB not honoring JCE Toolbar Themes

4 years 3 weeks ago #316919 by JagaTelesin
CB not honoring JCE Toolbar Themes was created by JagaTelesin
Recently installed CB core to test out a few things, and noticed that when changing the JCE Toolbar Theme (for any permission type on both front/back ends), that CB wasn't changing the JCE toolbar theme while creating a blog in a user profile on the front end. When editing a Joomla article however using Joomla's front end, JCE Toolbar Themes were being honored.

To summarize: Joomla front-end article editing honors JCE's Toolbar Themes, CB's Blog editing does not.

This is more of a bug report than a question.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 3 weeks ago - 4 years 3 weeks ago #316954 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB not honoring JCE Toolbar Themes
CB has no control over JCE. We simply call Joomlas API for outputting an editor and nothing more. Any themes specifically assigned to a location (e.g. Joomla articles) are not likely to impact CB Blogs. As I'm not the developer of JCE I can't tell you why that feature isn't functioning; you'd need to contact JCE regarding that feature which I'm guessing does a location based check based off the component loaded, object type sent to content event, or context sent to content event.

This is more of a bug report than a question.

Please do not report bugs or post support questions in the presales forums. Have moved the topic to the community forums.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 3 weeks ago #316958 by JagaTelesin
Replied by JagaTelesin on topic CB not honoring JCE Toolbar Themes
JCE applies editor profiles across all registered components by default (editable in the back-end). I have tested the "All Components" setting with no success. When I tell it to choose components (select from list), the drop-down list does not have CB listed anywhere. Some of those listed are: Categories, Contacts, Articles..and more, even the Creative Contact form Business component which is installed on my site and allows editing is listed. RokGallery is also listed, which is installed on the site.

I'm wondering if CB isn't making it's way into the list of registered components for Joomla? I'm not sure how else to force CB (or JCE) to use a specific JCE toolbar theme for blog editing. It would appear that if the component isn't listed, it can't be forced, and CB isn't listed.

4 years 3 weeks ago #316972 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB not honoring JCE Toolbar Themes
I've no idea. I'm not the developer of JCE. So I don't know how they're handling that. All were doing is calling Joomlas editor display function.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 3 weeks ago #316974 by JagaTelesin
Replied by JagaTelesin on topic CB not honoring JCE Toolbar Themes
Rather than fight with it to try to get it working properly (or spending time with the JCE developers), I decided to simply switch to TinyMCE with advanced options as it styles better than JCE. For front-end editing it should cover what we need it to. Thanks for your tme.

4 years 3 weeks ago - 4 years 3 weeks ago #316979 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB not honoring JCE Toolbar Themes
I got exactly the same problem and it seems to apply to CB or one of its plugins as JCE displays fine with all other components.

Seems like trying to block all js or css urls one by one on FireBug does not work :-(

Looking like it's not a standard css or js conflict but something done by CB when the page is constructed.

ALL other components are working well even with CB login module and login plugins activated.

Not easy...

I guess it comes from $_CB_framework->displayCmsEditor but I'm stuck now...

Ryan from JCE wrote :

I think you would have to direct this at Community Builder support and see if they know if or where any alterations to JCE settings are being made in the front-end by CB.

The following user(s) said Thank You: JagaTelesin

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn