Update

4 years 1 week ago - 4 years 1 week ago #317618 by gregseth
Update was created by gregseth
Hi,

I have a big red banner on top of my Joomla administration home page saying:

Community Builder version 2.4.4+build.2020.03.19.14.05.32.e6a0c6b92 is available

With a big blue button « update now ». Well then, when I click on the button I'm sent to the CB plugin page, and… that's it. How the %%% am I supposed to perform the update, or at least get rid of the annoying notification banner?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 1 week ago - 4 years 1 week ago #317628 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Update
You should be sent to the Install from Web tab. Joomla installer can't deliver build releases so they have to come from us. On the Install from Web tab you should already see the Updates category selected for you to update. You can also download the latest update from our downloads page below.

www.joomlapolis.com/downloads

You can also download latest from CBs product page below.

www.joomlapolis.com/community-builder

You can also check on latest releases on our releases page below.

www.joomlapolis.com/news/releases

Are you not seeing the Install from Web or is it not working for you (e.g. showing a Sign Up button)? If you don't want to be notified of build releases you can turn off plugin version checking in CB > Configuration > Integrations. If you don't want the update banner at all you can disable it in CBs admin module in Extensions > Modules after switching the Site to Administrator and unpublishing "CB Update Notification".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 1 week ago #317662 by Odie71
Replied by Odie71 on topic Update
Greetings,

I purchased a bundle this time in 2019. I am now spinning up a new site but I can get the previously downloaded packages to update to the latest. I hope you can assist.

Thank you,

Odie71

4 years 1 week ago #317664 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Update
You need a subscription to download paid products. As a free users you've access to the following downloads only.

www.joomlapolis.com/downloads/free

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 1 week ago #317666 by Odie71
Replied by Odie71 on topic Update
I understand. But I paid for those bundles I thought. The download was under Membership Plan Professional - 3M: 3 months for Odie71

4 years 1 week ago #317667 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Update

Odie71 wrote: I understand. But I paid for those bundles I thought. The download was under Membership Plan Professional - 3M: 3 months for Odie71

Yes, you purchased a 3 month Professional membership subscription last year.
During those three months you were able to download any Professional membership add-on and any updates released and also post support issues on our paid support forums.

You can use what you downloaded on all your websites even after your subscription ended but after the end of your subscription you cannot download future updates (without a new subscription) nor can you post support requests.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.045 seconds