Update

3 years 11 months ago #318130 by JabbaHut
Replied by JabbaHut on topic Update
The option title (Plugin Version Checking) is very obscure, and the tooltip (Choose if Plugin version checking should be automated in Plugin Management) is very misleading. How are we supposed to know:

1/ it's a]bout CB itself and not its plugins
2/ that disabling this option disables notifications only for builds and not for major versions

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 11 months ago #318135 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Update
Both of your issues are already being addressed in a future release. We're working on implementing support for Site Keys for Install from Web and in that same update we're improving that parameter as well as the version banner notice. See below what to expect once Site Keys have been implemented.

New Banner:

New Description:

Banner tells you what to disable and gives you a link directly to the parameter. Parameter then explains it impacts CB build releases.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Attachments:

3 years 11 months ago #318388 by tbganesha
Replied by tbganesha on topic Update
The big notification for nightly/weekly build shows up again although I have turned on Version Checking to Manual.

I don't want this notification. I don't need this nightly or weekly build update.
I just want to update major release e.g 2.4.4 to 2.4.5.
Please help. Thanks.
Attachments:

3 years 11 months ago #318389 by joomlapolis2016_mm
Replied by joomlapolis2016_mm on topic Update

tbganesha wrote: The big notification for nightly/weekly build shows up again although I have turned on Version Checking to Manual.

I don't want this notification. I don't need this nightly or weekly build update.
I just want to update major release e.g 2.4.4 to 2.4.5.
Please help. Thanks.

I also agree. It is quite annoying to be welcomed by this announcements everyday I log in. Why did this change 4 or 6 weeks ago?

3 years 11 months ago #318401 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Update
If you do not want to be notified about build releases then again turn off Plugin Version Checking within CB > Configuration > Integrations. That is the sole check for build releases. If that's off the version check file used by build version checking will never be requested by your site. You will still be notified of stable releases by Joomla. You can also just flat out unpublish the banner if you don't want it as it's simply an Administrator module in Extensions > Modules.

The big notification for nightly/weekly build shows up again although I have turned on Version Checking to Manual.

Setting version checking to manual does not disable that banner. This is being addressed in the same release that's improving the banner as shown in my previous reply.

It is quite annoying to be welcomed by this announcements everyday I log in.

I'm shocked you're annoyed by receiving updates that fix bugs and add features.

Why did this change 4 or 6 weeks ago?

People kept sitting on installs that were months out of date and constantly posting about bugs we've already fixed. It became a significant problem with people failing to keep their installs up to date. We could release more stable releases, but you'll be right back to square 1 with being annoyed by a banner to update except it'll be a stable version instead of build version which makes no difference as they're all tested the same. I don't see how else to please you other than simply turn off version checking entirely and you'll be responsible for manually checking for new releases.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 11 months ago #318407 by tbganesha
Replied by tbganesha on topic Update
Thanks for the reply. Two thumbs up.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.536 seconds