list of users by field - two entries not displaying in order

3 years 8 months ago #319711 by ecweb
Hi,
We are using the list feature of community builder to create a sorted list of users based on the custom field cb_firstaidexpirydate and the field last_name
The list is working nicely - displaying all the users in order - except two users that appear out of order at the top of the list.
Can you help with this?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 8 months ago #319718 by krileon
Do those two users have a value for cb_firstaidexpirydate and a last name? Having empty fields could explain why they're at the top and you may want to consider using a filter to filter out users that don't have a value otherwise you can use Advanced Sorting to provide your own database query ORDER BY statement.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 8 months ago #319725 by ecweb
Hi Kyle,
That is the strange thing - those two users have valid values for both last name and cb_firstaidexpirydate.

3 years 8 months ago #319739 by krileon
There's no processing behind sorting. It's purely just sorting directly in the database query. So something about those fields values is resulting in the sorting you're seeing. For example if I have the below.

Name Ascending
Username Descending

This would give the following in the database query.

ORDER BY u.`name` ASC, u.`username` DESC

Using Advanced mode allows you to directly add all the contents after the "ORDER BY" allowing for more custom sorting behavior.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn