[SOLVED] Very slow sign-up confirmation

3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #320336 by ml25
Hi Joomlapolis' team,

First of all, I would like to thank you very much for your services which are great.

I developed a subscription based website on my computer local server and everything went very well. I moved the whole site on my server and everything seems to work well too but whenever I want to sign up, the process is very slow. It takes about 5 minutes to get to the registration confirmation. The user is registered as soon as I hit the 'sign up' button when I look at the 'logs and history' or the user tab on joomla but the confirmation is very long.

I guess it is an issue from the server side but I don't really see where to look at to resolve this.

I have the latest version of joomla, CB and CBsubs.

Would you have any idea of what could be the problem? Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thank you and have a beautiful day.

Kindly,
Mathias

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 7 months ago #320340 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Very slow sign-up confirmation
Enable debug mode and maximum error reporting in Joomla global configuration and retry registration to see if there's an error or if getting stuck in an infinite loop. If no errors review server error logs to see if any errors were logged at time of registration attempt. It's possible it's the email process that's holding up the page if registration is actually completing. To test if it is disable emails within CB > Configuration > Integrations then retry.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ml25

3 years 7 months ago #320383 by ml25
Replied by ml25 on topic Very slow sign-up confirmation
Hi Krileon,

Thank you very much for your fast help!

When I am disabling the emails in CB configuration, it works again.

I hadn’t thought that it could come from the email trying to be sent but after checking at the joomla email configuration and the 587 port on the server firewall to resolve the issues there, everything works perfectly now.

I wish you all the best,
Mathias
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn