Registration form layout, 2 fields on 1 line

3 years 6 months ago #320942 by jross
Hi, I have searched the form for various answers on how to have 2 fields on the one line on the registration form. I found this solution at www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb but unfortunately I have not been able to follow the instructions and make it happen.
Basically I want to have the field Firstname and then Lastname on one line.
Is anybody able to provide specific instructions on how to make this happen?
Thanks, JR

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 6 months ago #320943 by jross
I should add, I have created a custom html field and tried various substitutions but no success.
I also saw in another post, adding this CSS but where exactly should it be added?
#cbfr_46,
#cbfr_48 {
display: inline-block;
width: 50%;
}

3 years 6 months ago #320959 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Registration form layout, 2 fields on 1 line
Recommend just not using two fields. Set "Name Style" to Single Name Field in CB configuration. Otherwise your only option is to use CSS since you need this to apply to registration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 6 months ago #320964 by jross
Thanks for your reply but your suggestion to set name style to single is not valid for what I have to do. It's a membership application form and I have many different fields that should shared on one line.
sbsc.net.au/index.php/membership/test-only
So back to my question, where exactly should this CSS be added? Is this the correct format for the CSS?
#cbfr_46,
#cbfr_48 {
display: inline-block;
width: 50%;
}

I have added it to the CSS Class in the Global field setup but that has no effect.
Thanks for you help.
JR

3 years 6 months ago #320966 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Registration form layout, 2 fields on 1 line
See the below on how to add CSS overrides to CB.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18711-template-css-overrides-made-easy

I can't help you with your CSS. We do not provide custom coding assistance. We only provide simple code examples, which is a benefit exclusively for subscribers.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.285 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn