Cant upload image?

3 years 2 months ago #322556 by GertK77
Cant upload image? was created by GertK77
Hi,

When I try to upload a profile photo or a canvas image, I get the error messege:
Canvas image : Unable to open image /home/XXXX/XXXX/tmp/29f238030f7ab59cdb1dc47f384a67de.tmp

Can some one please advice?

I have changde the settings to:
Your image file must be of gif, png, jpg, jpeg type. Your image file should not exceed 78.13 MBs. Images exceeding the maximum width of 1280 will be resized. Images exceeding the maximum height of 640 will be resized.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 2 months ago #322558 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Cant upload image?
Looks like a permissions problem with your server. PHP doesn't have access to PHP tmp folder. Please contact your host regarding this.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 2 months ago #322560 by GertK77
Replied by GertK77 on topic Cant upload image?
tmp folder is set to 755? Is that correct or what do you mean? THANKS :)

3 years 2 months ago #322561 by krileon
Typically yes it should be 755. Navigate to System > System Information > Folder Permissions to have Joomla check permissions. It's also possible the tmp path was not set correctly and needs to be fixed in System > Global Configuration > Server. This is outside the scope of CB as we've no control over that.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #322562 by GertK77
Replied by GertK77 on topic Cant upload image?
Thanks for taking time to answer :)

It says:
/home/cmstest1/profiler-01.cms-test.info/tmp (Temp folder) Writable

So that part should be ok, right?

I can see in the tmp folder that a file is created like: 6e19e0b5c9e83c7f97620f37facb8bfb.tmp

3 years 2 months ago #322563 by krileon
Try setting permission to 775 for /tmp then retry.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.296 seconds