community builder open link in a popup

3 years 2 months ago #323250 by Aidan38
Good morning all

1- I would like that when a frontent user fills in the website field, that in frontend he has marked see the site, and that it opens in a popup
is it possible ?
thank you in advance

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 2 months ago #323259 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic community builder open link in a popup

that in frontend he has marked see the site

That's just active link styling. Add the necessary CSS to CB or your Joomla template. Typically is something your Joomla template handles.

developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Learn/CSS/Styling_text/Styling_links

and that it opens in a popup is it possible ?

Review the fields parameters carefully. There is a parameter for changing it to open as a new window.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 2 months ago #323261 by Aidan38
Replied by Aidan38 on topic community builder open link in a popup
sorry but I looked carefully and I do not see this setting on a url type field for open in a popup

3 years 2 months ago #323278 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic community builder open link in a popup
Forgot we enforced web address fields always opening to a new window. It should already have the target="_blank" attribute on it. If you need more customized control over how links output you'll need to use the Layout parameters with substitutions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aidan38

3 years 2 months ago #323287 by Aidan38
thank you very much
my problem is that I would like it to open in a popup but just for a field.
Is there any documentation on where and how to make substitutions?
thanks again

3 years 2 months ago #323288 by Aidan38
ok it's in the management of the desired field in parameter

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn