Notifications

2 years 10 months ago #325147 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Notifications

By notifications, does that mean Email messages, or what appears on the site or both?

CB Activity notifications are entirely on site. They do not send emails. The notification system actions in CB Auto Actions are for logging CB Activity notifications so they do not send emails either.

Does “cb_notif_post” log all all activity, even likes, tags, comments so I do not necessarily need to set notification options for cb_notif_like, cb_notif_tag or cb_notif_comment

No, it only applies to "CB Activity - Post Notification" system action.

Also, I have enabled all the appropriate system actions and in testing finding that notifications are still going out. In my case I had set "Not" to "cb_notif_request_conn" but the user still got am email.

Again, these have nothing to do with emails.

I mirrored what was done with the demo with the exception of the field title. the demo has "NOTIFY_REQUEST_CONN" but on my test site it was not translating.

NOTIFY_REQUEST_CONN is a CB Quickstart language string. It's not going to translate unless you've CB Quickstart or unless you add a language override for it. You can title your fields whatever you like.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 10 months ago #325156 by AlexRag
Replied by AlexRag on topic Notifications
Ok, So the Notification settings a user can make (yes/no) is strictly for the onsite notices. Does this mean no matter what they select, they will still always get email messaging for things like Connections requests or Private message?

From what I can see, I don't think things like like, comments, etc normally trigger email messages anyways, which is fine by me.

From my perspective, I prefer to always have onsite notifications on rather than give the user the option to turn it off - I was more interested in the email notification aspect.

2 years 10 months ago #325159 by krileon

Ok, So the Notification settings a user can make (yes/no) is strictly for the onsite notices. Does this mean no matter what they select, they will still always get email messaging for things like Connections requests or Private message?

Yes, unless you turn those email notifications off. For private messages you can actually control email notifications with a field as well. Within Private Message System > Parameters > Internal > Notification set "Notify" to "Field" and select the checkbox field you want to toggle the email notifications off/on. There's no such functionality for connection emails though, sorry.

From what I can see, I don't think things like like, comments, etc normally trigger email messages anyways, which is fine by me.

Correct, those have no email notifications.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 10 months ago #325162 by AlexRag
Thanks Kyle.

I think I might be missing a setting. I have enabled as instructed. Even though a user selected "Yes" not emails are coming in anymore. (System action is enabled)

Attachments:

2 years 10 months ago #325180 by krileon
Review the other parameters on that tab. As for example if "Offline Only" is enabled it will only send the notification if the recipient isn't logged in. I've retested field based email notification toggling and appears to still be working in my tests.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

2 years 10 months ago #325184 by AlexRag
Nice! That was the missing configuration. Thank you!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.610 seconds