how to get file address?

10 months 3 weeks ago #334056 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic how to get file address?
You will have data loss if you change the field type. They store their files in different locations entirely.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 months 3 weeks ago #334058 by saman2
Replied by saman2 on topic how to get file address?
1- Is it possible to manually change the names of the files and move the uploaded file to the correct storage location to show as image?
2- I want to have several image fields. I don't want to use the image field to store the user's avatar, but I want to use it for some of his scanned academic documents. Do you see a problem with this? For example, I realized that the allowed dimensions should not be small

10 months 3 weeks ago #334059 by krileon

1- Is it possible to manually change the names of the files and move the uploaded file to the correct storage location to show as image?

Yes, all CB files are stored in /images/comprofiler. Review the structure there carefully.

2- I want to have several image fields. I don't want to use the image field to store the user's avatar, but I want to use it for some of his scanned academic documents. Do you see a problem with this? For example, I realized that the allowed dimensions should not be small

I suggest using CB Gallery then, but sure you can have as many image fields as you need and each can have their own sizing limits.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: saman2

10 months 3 weeks ago #334060 by saman2
Replied by saman2 on topic how to get file address?
i study cb primer book and search in this forum and find this  but it can not show modal in the cb backend. i can understand i can create a copy of aaaa.jpg image and rename that witht tnaaaa.jpg and move them to /public_html/images/comprofiler/ path and then change the cb file field to image field and it work correclty . but i need administrator can click on the image and open a popup to can review that image and if it has some situation then approve that user. is it possible popup image field in the profile of user in the backend?
(i can not use CB Workflows, it doesn't have a good ux and can not show the image field in first view of CB Workflows list)

10 months 3 weeks ago #334061 by krileon
Image fields can have approval. Simple enable it in that image field. The normal frontend image approval page allows approving/rejecting custom image fields as well. There is no popup functionality in image fields.

(i can not use CB Workflows, it doesn't have a good ux and can not show the image field in first view of CB Workflows list)

Not sure I understand the problem with CB Workflows. You don't have to use it though. You can reach the image approval page without it. Regardless CB is open source. Change it to fit whatever your needs are. Reuse the approval endpoints and implement your own PHP rendering if that's what you want to do or just restyle it with CSS.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.273 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn