create cb field via php

10 months 2 weeks ago #334044 by saman2
create cb field via php was created by saman2
hi
i understand this topic is not in free cb support but if you can please advise.
i create a plugin for cb and install it successfully. is it possible when i install plugin create cb field via php automatically? yes i can create it manually in _comprofiler and in _comprofiler_field and other place that needed but is there any simple function or other way? if there is not simple way can you only say me what tables must add record to confident create a field in cb fields correctly? 
thank you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 months 2 weeks ago #334046 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic create cb field via php
As part of a plugin? Typically you'd do that entirely from our XML description which would create the field for you when the plugin is installed. You'd need to take a look at some of our plugins XML files to see how this is done. As for doing this from PHP yes that's possible using the FieldTable class to create a new field object.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: saman2

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.141 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn