is it possible and logic to duplicate some fields of cb?

5 months 4 weeks ago #335725 by saman2
hi
i have two type of profile in my joomla. one is for doctor and other for regular user or you can imagine patient. now i see some patient is indexed in google.
1-how to set  "no follow no index" only for regular user?
2-i want create two different template for this two type of profile. is it possible copy any field that i want show in these two profile structure and create new tab and set to copied field? simplified of my problem: for example i want show firstname and lastname of doctor in his profile but i want only show last name in user profile. i understand it is possible use  IF usergroup and maybe other substitutions in my custom template in cb Default template plugin, but it is very complex VS use deplicated field but i'm afraid maybe some duplicated field not work correctly. for example if i copy from firstname , then when a user register, is both firstname and copied firstname fill after registration form completed? or maybe any other problem occur when i copy all field?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 months 4 weeks ago #335730 by krileon

1-how to set "no follow no index" only for regular user?

No idea where you're wanting to do this, but no that's probably not likely as you'd have to deal with hundreds of internal URLs that go to profiles and condition them.

2-i want create two different template for this two type of profile. is it possible copy any field that i want show in these two profile structure and create new tab and set to copied field? simplified of my problem: for example i want show firstname and lastname of doctor in his profile but i want only show last name in user profile. i understand it is possible use IF usergroup and maybe other substitutions in my custom template in cb Default template plugin, but it is very complex VS use deplicated field but i'm afraid maybe some duplicated field not work correctly. for example if i copy from firstname , then when a user register, is both firstname and copied firstname fill after registration form completed? or maybe any other problem occur when i copy all field?

The layout feature supports substitutions. So you could create 2 separate layouts there. You could also buy CB Template Changer and have a different CB template assigned per profile. As for fields you could buy CB Conditional and condition fields (e.g. last name field) based off profile type. You could use substitutions in the layouts feature of the lastname field and condition its display. Many options. Subscribe and post in our support forums in detail your needs and would be glad to go into further detail.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn