Next Upgrade Only Compatible with MYSQL 8

5 months 2 weeks ago #335845 by PhilF1951
After the last update your message regarding compatibility with MYSQL I spoke to my host regarding this.  Their reply was they are early next year moving clients databases to MariaDB as they consider MYSQL becoming outdated and less flexible.

Is this going to cause any issues with Community Builder?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 months 2 weeks ago #335853 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Next Upgrade Only Compatible with MYSQL 8
We do not have any current plans to increase MySQL requirements yet. However Joomla 5 requires MySQL 8. So you will not be able to update to Joomla 5 without moving servers to one that provides MySQL 8 or its MariaDB equivalent 10.4.0. The banner is a heads up notice that in a future stable release we will likely have to increase our minimum to remain compatible with Joomla 5. However there's no urgency as we'll continue to support Joomla 4 until it is completely EOL in 2025. We'll likely take down the notice since it seams to be causing too much confusion.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn