Forbid message edit

2 months 4 weeks ago #336905 by huguesmarcil
Forbid message edit was created by huguesmarcil
Hello Kyle and JoomlaPolis team, 
It's a bit late to do so, but I'd like to take this opportunity to wish you all the best for the New Year!
I noticed that my users can edit there messages even after they are sent. How can I forbid this? I couldn't find any option to do so.
Thank you!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 months 4 weeks ago #336916 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Forbid message edit
They can only edit the message after it has been sent if it hasn't been read. There's no functionality to turn this off, but again they can only edit it if it hasn't been read yet.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 months 4 weeks ago #336923 by huguesmarcil
Replied by huguesmarcil on topic Forbid message edit
Ok but there's a copy of the message in the e-mail notification. What about it?
Also, how can I remove the following options:
-report message
-delete message

Thank you

2 months 4 weeks ago #336924 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Forbid message edit

Ok but there's a copy of the message in the e-mail notification. What about it?

Nothing I can do about that. Suggest turning off including the message in the notification. It's default disabled because it poses potential privacy issues.

Also, how can I remove the following options:
-report message
-delete message

Neither can be disabled. Reporting is to allow users to report abuse and deleting is so they can of course delete their messages. Why do you need to disable these?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn