Login redirect does not go to URL in field

13 years 5 days ago #162325 by bhl1964
I have inserted a URL to a welcome page when users login (via the Registration tab in Configuration Manager - URL for first login visit field) but it will not go to that page. It just keeps going back to the home page.

I've typed the URL with/without http, etc but still nothing works. (I even put a URL to another website and that didn't work either.)

I do not have coding skills so cannot make changes to backend code - surely if the field is provided, it should work?

Please check if this is a bug in V1.3.

Many thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 8 months ago #174638 by sentix
I have the same problem ...

Versions: CB 2.7.2, J 3.10.6

12 years 8 months ago #174654 by nant
Please upgrade to CB 1.7 and retest.

I cannot replicate your issue.

12 years 8 months ago #174695 by sentix
Does the login redirect only work with the CB Login module? Or with any login module?

Versions: CB 2.7.2, J 3.10.6

12 years 8 months ago #174701 by nant

sentix wrote: Does the login redirect only work with the CB Login module? Or with any login module?

It works with CB Login module for sure.
Regarding other login modules - well the feature has to be built into the module.
So answer is you would have to check all these "other login modules" for answer.

12 years 8 months ago #174935 by viewofheaven
Replied by viewofheaven on topic Re: Login redirect does not go to URL in field

nant wrote: Please upgrade to CB 1.7 and retest.

I cannot replicate your issue.

Wow, you assume he didn't use the latest CB 1.7.

I did test his test case, and replicated the problem in CB 1.7. Joomla 1.5.23. I hope you're not gonna tell me to upgrade to Joomla 1.6 or 1.7. I need JoomFish. And I don't think I'm strong enough to follow instructions like "try everything before 1.5.23".

In all fairness, I believe you must be overburdened by something else, maybe work commitments? And in similar fairness, that's why your users go off forking a branch that works, and didn't bother coming back to you with code contributions.

But enough of that. Buck stops with me. I believe you are a great coder, an efficient engineer who is overburdened with lots of work.

I encountered the same problem as the OP. The fix doesn't seem difficult. You wanna have a try at it? :)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.255 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn