Failed login redirect

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #169642 by ryhmakissa
Failed login redirect was created by ryhmakissa
I have the latest Joomla 1.6.5 and latest CB 1.4 version installed and they work fine except for this one issue: When you have a failed login attempt, CB Login redirects to a page where there is an error message and the CB login module again. However, that module is not the one I have defined but I assume CB generates it itself by default (there is no way to prevent it from showing). The problem with that module is that you have no control over it. In my own module, for example, the redirects after successful login are properly defined and the login module must not include the registration link. However, the "automatic" login page shown by CB has no redirects and shows the registration link (and "forgot your password?"). Also, the "automatic" login module ignores any language selections the user has selected and directs to the default English front page. Thus, if my customer uses that to do the login the site does not work, the language may be wrong and I do not want the customers to get to the registration page.

The capability to do proper redirects in case of failed login attenpts seems like a very basic requirement (you are faced with it every day) and after trying to search for a solution for the latest Joomla & CB all I could find was plugins for Joomla 1.5 and even they do not work with CB. Is there a solution?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds