Some data loss and save button not working

12 years 8 months ago #174303 by premiumcomputers
Some data loss and save button not working was created by premiumcomputers
Hi, I have had data loss from day after upgrading both Joomla and CB. What happens is the new users registers and must put in all their info but when I open their details in the backend their business, phone numbers are not there. I tried putting the missing info back in but after I saved and went back into their details is info was missing again. So I haven't worried about it because I had to approve their account before they could login for the first time so I would check out their details and if all was OK I would approve them and save.

But very recently I updated CB from 1.4 to 1.7 and now I am unable to save any changes to their details at all from going into their account. I click on save button and nothing happens. I can cancel out but I can not save. At the moment I am able to approve their account by clicking on the red crosses in the CB User Manager section but as I said, the save button does nothing.

Any ideas how I can fix this, I'm not very good at Joomla but I'm learning so layman's terms would be good. There are no error messages showing. I have also disabled the CB mods 1 at a time, no change.

I'm running Joomla version 1.5.23 and CB 1.7

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 8 months ago #174312 by premiumcomputers
Replied by premiumcomputers on topic Re: Some data loss and save button not working
Thanks to all the professionals out there, not, this must be a to hard basket one. Maybe I should just get rid of CB altogether seeing how no one wants to help.

Very sad day for people like me who are trying to learn but the pros are just too good for their own boots.

Well over 2 hours waiting for some help but I see you pros have posted help on other questions after mine.

By the way, I went through all your "help us help you" and still can't get CB to work.

Very disappointed !!!!!!!!:evil: :P

12 years 8 months ago #174317 by nant

premiumcomputers wrote: Thanks to all the professionals out there, not, this must be a to hard basket one. Maybe I should just get rid of CB altogether seeing how no one wants to help.

Very sad day for people like me who are trying to learn but the pros are just too good for their own boots.

Well over 2 hours waiting for some help but I see you pros have posted help on other questions after mine.

By the way, I went through all your "help us help you" and still can't get CB to work.

Very disappointed !!!!!!!!:evil: :P

Unbelievable!

You expect an answer on a free forum in less that 4 hours and are disappointed when you don't?

What can I say. If this is your expectation, then you will have a problem in the open-source world.

If you can replicate this issue on a clean environment (install clean Joomla version then CB 1.7), then I will drop everything and assist you.

There is something in your environment that is causing this. CB 1.7 works fine on all my test cases.

If you went through the Help Us Help You list then maybe you should post feedback on each step for people to comment based on results and their experience.

12 years 8 months ago #174325 by premiumcomputers
Replied by premiumcomputers on topic Re: Some data loss and save button not working
Yes I expect something from you guys, it didn't take long for a response to be provided to other issues posted after mine, yet you leave mine alone because it is too hard. Something would have been better than nothing such as: "I have read your problem and I'm thinking about it", or "gee, haven't come across that one before, we will get back to you". I have been through the forum and google trying to solve this problem without posting this because all I have read when it is beyond you guys or you think someone is having ago at CB is you put crap on them. CB is great I'm sure, as long as nothing goes wrong. If you don't like helping people then perhaps you should try doing something else.

I appreciate all the free programs and time that people like you put into it. I'm absolutely amazed at what is available out there for free and the help that is provided, but when someone like me who admits knowing very little, the pros seem to want nothing to do with them. You have no idea how many days I have spent trying to solve this problem without bothering anyone, posting my issue was the last resort for me and I get nothing. Not a "we are looking into it" or " we will get back to you" all I get is a comment from you a soon as I show my displeasure.

If I have offended you then I'm sorry, but I need someone to help me out and what I don't need is someone telling me to read the FAQ's etc.

This problem is a CB issue as it all worked fine until I upgraded, I tried to go back but the same problem remained. Unless you can help me out then please don't post anything, especially if it's going to be telling me off or putting me down. All I need is some help.

Thanks for reading.

12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #174328 by nant

nant wrote:
If you can replicate this issue on a clean environment (install clean Joomla version then CB 1.7), then I will drop everything and assist you.

There is something in your environment that is causing this. CB 1.7 works fine on all my test cases.

If you went through the Help Us Help You list then maybe you should post feedback on each step for people to comment based on results and their experience.

The statement above still holds and information requested is still pending.

I have no idea how to fix what is broken on your environment.

P.S. Regarding your statement that other forum posts are responded to ...
Please note that we give SLA next business day support to our paid Professional members and Priority Forum support to our paid Advanced members.

12 years 8 months ago #174374 by premiumcomputers
Problem solved.

In case this has happened to other users I though I would let you know how I fixed the issue.

First issue was that the data for a new users "Business Name" and "Phone Number" would not save in the backend i.e. they (new user) would fill in all the required details at registration which included their Business Name and Phone Number but when I opened their details in the "User Management" section those details were missing. Even if i put the details in myself from the backend and saved it the details would not remain. This started to happen after I upgraded from CB 1.2 to CB 1.3.1. Then after I upgraded from CB 1.3.1 to CB 1.4 the save button would not work, I also tried an upgraded to CB 1.7 to see if that would fix it but no luck.

The fix turned out to be simple, the two fields "Business Name" and "Phone Number" must have corrupted during the upgrade from CB 1.2 to CB 1.3.1. which I was not aware of. All I did was to delete those fields and re-create them and now everything works perfectly. (I wish I had thought of that sooner). I upgraded to CB 1.7 before I did this but I don't think it matters what version is running when it is done.

I hope this fix helps someone out as I have spent 3 days going through a lot of trial and error but all I needed to do was delete a couple of corrupted fields and re-create them.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.004 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn