#2967 CB 1.7.1: Forgot username send new password

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #181889 by chrisjclay
Hi,

I'm trying to report a bug that has apparently been rejected for some reason:

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/2799

beat wrote: I reviewed code and must reject this bug, not possible if the fields are properly filled-in. Means Email is not filled-into username.

A client pointed out this problem yesterday in 1.7.0, and I confirmed it. Updating today to 1.7.1 didn't help.

Some additional information that may help - the problem only happens if we have "Login field type" set to "Username, email or enabled CMS authentication plugins."

Cheers,
Chris

P.S. Joomla 1.7.2, PHP 5.2.17, MySQL 5.1.56

Clay & Co.
www.clayco.ca/

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #181898 by nant
can you replicate on a clean CB 1.7.1 installation?

If so please give exact steps to replicate and I will spend some time to investigate.

12 years 5 months ago #181914 by chrisjclay
Hi Nick,

I just installed a clean version of 1.7.1 on a different website and found the same problem. To replicate it, I did the following steps:

1. Installed CB 1.7.1 along with the login module and created a Community Builder menu item.
  2. I disabled user registrations in the Joomla user manager.
  3. In CB configuration, I set Allow User Registration to "Yes, independently..." and Login Field Type to "Username, email, or enabled CMS authentication."
  4. In the front end, I clicked "Forgot login?" and selected "Lost username." I entered my email address and clicked "Send username."
  5. A notification then said a new password was being mailed to me, and sure enough, I received an email shortly after with the new password.

Regards,
Chris

P.S. I also noticed that when "Username, email, or enabled CMS authentication" is set, the login module username label no longer says "Username or email" - it just says "username."

Clay & Co.
www.clayco.ca/

12 years 5 months ago #181925 by nant

12 years 5 months ago #181926 by chrisjclay
You're welcome... Thanks for an amazing component :) I'm finally taking the time to explore it and I'm very impressed!

Chris

Clay & Co.
www.clayco.ca/

12 years 5 months ago #181928 by nant

chrisjclay wrote: P.S. I also noticed that when "Username, email, or enabled CMS authentication" is set, the login module username label no longer says "Username or email" - it just says "username."

Not sure this is really an issue - you can always modify the language strings to say what you want.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn