Bug on birthday field in registration: day of 29

12 years 3 months ago #190126 by studiomilano
Hy,

I install 1.7.1, I set the birthday field in registration, but if I configure the format DD/MM/YY in the registration area the field day are of 29 days. If I choose first the month, is ok.

The problem, I think, is in the calendardateinput.js script, but I don't know very well JS.

Could you help me please? Which is the string to change?

Bye

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #190141 by nant

12 years 3 months ago #190143 by studiomilano
Replied by studiomilano on topic Re: Bug on birthday field in registration: day of 29
Sorry for my bad english.

1) I choose the date format DD/MM/YY or DD/MM/YYYY in general setting of component 1.7.0;
2) I set a birthday field in a registration form;
3) When a user fill the field and open the dinamic field to choose the day, there are only 29 numbers.

I can bypass this problem using a PERL validation string to set in the field settings. Do you know which I've to use for validate a DD/MM/YY date?

Thank you

12 years 3 months ago #190144 by nant
there are only 29 days in february.

If you select a different month more days should appear.

works for me.

12 years 3 months ago #190146 by studiomilano
Replied by studiomilano on topic Re: Bug on birthday field in registration: day of 29
If in your country you use the month first than the day is perfect, but if you use the format dd/mm/yy and select first the day, you find only 29 days. So the user say: not works, have only 29 days. We can say that is a bug for the italian users.

I thought to bypass the problem using a PERL string for validate the field, but maybe is wrong and don't work: (/^(3[01]|[12][0-9]|0?[1-9])/(1[0-2]|0?[1-9])/(?:[0-9]{2})?[0-9]{2}*$/i)

Do you know the string to validate a dd/mm/yy input?

Thank you very much for your kind attenction.

12 years 3 months ago #190148 by nant
Thats the way the dropdowns work.

You can click on the calendar popup and navigate if you want.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn