Language Define statement and Transifex project

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #192334 by horus_68
On Transifex CB project, I founded that several Define statements where not translated online even if the lang file online its considered 100% done.

I realize that this happens just with the file language.php and in 2 different situations:

Issue 1 - Easy to fix?
This is fine:
DEFINE('_UE_DATE_FORMAT_DESC','Choose which date format you would like your date fields to be dispayed in.');
this does not show on Transifex
DEFINE ('_UE_REG_CONFIRMATION_DESC','Set "yes" to send an email to users upon registration with a confirmation link.');
The problem is the extra space in DEFINE ('_UE
File Attachment:

I think it would be better to simple edit the master file, clean that space and re-upload. This requires editing the master AND the translations so nothing get lostd if translators already edit the lang file on their computer and then uploaded it (the string don't show on transifex but its not stripped from the file).
I can help you doing this for you if you want. Skype me later.

Issue 1 - this requires transifex intervention!

I don't know how to solve this but the define statements that has more then one line does not show on transifex so its not translated (same goes with or without the extra define space)
DEFINE('_UE_REG_CONCLUSION_DESC','Enter the text/html to display on the bottom of the '
.'registration page or a language dependent constant like _UE_WELCOME_DESC. '
.'This field may contain a thank you and/or special instructions. '
.'Leave blank for not displaying any message.');

See:
File Attachment:

So the line break \n' does not work fine in Transifex for PHP define statement files.
On Joomla INI files the line ending for multi lines works fine. So there must be something to do with the transifex code. Maybe creating a request for this in getsatisfaction.com/indifex ?

BTW: is there a section on forum for languages issues for 1.8
There is a "CB 1.3.1 Language Plugins" maybe create a new one or rename this?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #192346 by horus_68
I talked with a transifex employee and:

Issue 1 - The extra space must be cleaed on the files

Issue 2 - Support for multipart lines in PHP will be implemented in the next week

As for now they allowed the multiline strings:
"fooo
bar"

but not the multipart strings:
'foo'
'1234'
' bar'

- Also regarding the JS file for the calendar. They are requesting what is the standard for the file as they also want to implement it. Can you give a link for the rules on coding lines?
Now its parsed in transifex with few errors so it should require a fine tuning on their part to be able to support it!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn