[SOLVED] Lost Username or Password not working

8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #272003 by Krki
Hello

Users cannot get their details: - URL REMOVED

Send Username/Password button is always disabled.

Latest Joomla and CB

Also FF displays this error:

Timestamp: 16.10.2015. 9:01:37
Error: SyntaxError: illegal character
Source File: URL REMOVED
Line: 125, Column: 1302
Source Code:
d and must not contain the following characters: < > \\ \\" \' % ; ( ) &","cburl":"Please enter a valid URL.","filesize"

Any suggestions?
Regards

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #272006 by Krki
Replied by Krki on topic Lost Username or Password not working
Solved

It was typo in CB default language file:

CB Language.php file, approx line 373:

'VALIDATION_ERROR_FIELD_USERNAME' => 'Please enter a valid username with no space at beginning or end and must not contain the following characters: < > \ " \' % ; ( ) &',

System doesn't like " in message.
Backslash before " doesn't fix it, so I typed two \'\' instead.

And now it works.

HINT: Devs should review this so that it's fixed in future CB versions.

HTH,
Regards

7 years 5 months ago #286683 by Krki
Hello

Why is this issue still here?
Does devs read these forums at all?

I took my time to report a problem but issue is back after every CB upgrade.

This quote " in this phrase:

Please enter a valid username with no space at beginning or end and must not contain the following characters: < > \ " \' % ; ( ) &'

causes whole "Lost your Username or your Password ?" system to fail.

Look in to image 001: both fields are filled but Send button doesn't activate.
Also layout is expanded it shows all messages.
But when I remove " from language file phrase, layout is different and button works.
Look into images 002 and 003

Please fix it so that upgrades doesn't bring it back.

Thanks
Regards
Attachments:

7 years 5 months ago #286686 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Lost Username or Password not working
I am unable to confirm your issue locally in a clean environment nor am I able to confirm it on our demo site. There was a bug in some releases of FF at some point that broke browser base REGEXP.

Please ensure FF is up to date by pressing Alt and going to Help > About Firefox. You may need to do that a few times to ensure you've all the updates. If still not working please retry with Chrome and this should eliminate it being a browser problem.

The button isn't activating due to a JS error preventing that jQuery from working. If you've any sort of JS compression or jQuery loader extensions installed please also disable them. If issue still persists please switch to default Protostar template and see if issue resolves.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 5 months ago #286975 by mollcons
Replied by mollcons on topic Lost Username or Password not working
I believe that I have worked out how to correct this "error". It seems as @krileon says that it only occurs in Firefox. To resolve it, merely ensure that the you position the cursor in front of the first character of the username, and then press the backspace key. I found that this freed the submit button to work as intended.

7 years 5 months ago #286976 by Krki
Hi

My conclusion is that this error appeared because of ton of other javascript on website.
On fresh Joomla with only core JS it probably doesn't occur. But on larger websites like ours, with several extra components and modules,
something was clashing. I was able to solve it by removing " from the language phrase.

Unfortunately, CB doesn't use standard language file,
because easiest and most permanent solution would be to create Joomla language override for this phrase.
Using CB language plugin is also an option but it's overkill to do it because of just one phrase, and future CB releases may change own language file so when creating plugin extra work would be needed, to cross-reference original language file with plugin language file after every upgrade.

Anyway I'll just need to have extra line in my check list whenever I Upgrade CB to check file and reapply my change.

Regards

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.274 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn