[SOLVED] Uploading video with extension .mov (basicaly from Apple)

6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #300566 by flychris
Hi everybody,

I would like to upload .mov file using video or file field but without success.
Any possibility to fix this issue?

Thanks for your great help.

Chris

CB 2.1.3 build 2017.11.16
Joomla 3.8.3

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 3 months ago #300583 by krileon
.mov is not a HTML5 standard format. It can not safely playback in every browser so it's not allowed. You'd need to use a file field to be able to upload it. Using .mov would likely only ever work in Safari and on Apple devices. See the below for supported HTML5 extensions.

developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Supported_media_formats

If your device can encode it to MP4 using one of the encodings listed on the above page then it will also work fine.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 3 months ago #300602 by flychris
Thanks for you very quick answer :).

I have also tried to use "file" field to upload my ".mov" file but it doesn't work (it says "Please upload only zip, rar, doc, pdf, txt, xls," :(

Maybe I did it wrong.

6 years 3 months ago #300605 by krileon

I have also tried to use "file" field to upload my ".mov" file but it doesn't work (it says "Please upload only zip, rar, doc, pdf, txt, xls,"

Edit your file field and add the mov extension to the list of allowed extensions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: flychris

6 years 3 months ago #300607 by flychris
Thanks so much It works great now :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn