Installation: Index column size too large. The maximum column size is 767 bytes.

4 years 1 week ago #317189 by Sascha108
I wanted to try out the CB but got stuck at the installation with this error message:

001_pkg_communitybuilder_2.4.4+2020.03.11.16.42.53.fbfc0adbf.zip failed to install! hide
Index column size too large. The maximum column size is 767 bytes.
Paket Installieren: Bei der Installation der Erweiterung trat ein Fehler auf: com_comprofiler.zip

I am running Joomla! 3.9.6. Any idea how to fix that?

Regards,
Sascha

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 1 week ago #317194 by krileon
Your database is not configured correctly. See the below topic regarding this.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/255-developer-members-support/241185-collation-conversion?start=6#313338

If using MariaDB see the below reply regarding this. Please note MariaDB is not officially supported by Joomla or CB.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/255-developer-members-support/241185-collation-conversion?start=12#313440

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sascha108

4 years 1 week ago #317195 by Sascha108
Thank you for pointing the way. Will see if I can get it fixed

4 years 1 week ago #317196 by Sascha108
Well, if there is no other way to solve the problem I will not be able to use this tool. My provider has locked down the DB access to just minor changes and there is no way to change it. So, case can be closed

4 years 1 week ago #317197 by krileon
I highly suggest changing hosts in that case. A properly configured database install should have no issues using larger indexes, which is also the default behavior for MySQL 5.7.7+ and can't be turned off. I'm guessing your host is using MariaDB, which would require some setting adjustments.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn