Email field is empty after save in backend profile

3 years 6 months ago #320513 by ontarget
Hi since upgrading community builder to 2.4.6 and J!3.9.21 it seems all my users profile Email fields are blank / empty in the backend profile.
The frontend profile shows the email data fine.
All the CB tools check come back as green / passed.
I have cleared caches.
Its not a css issue in the backend as saving validates as empty.
I ran a check to ensure the email is being pulled correctly as I assume CB uses the email address mapped to the J! users table as I cant find email core field stored in the comprofiler table.

I created a simple lookup in php

$db = JFactory::getDbo();
$tr_table_u = $db->quoteName('#__users');
$email = $db->quoteName('email');
$c_id = $db->quoteName('id');
$query = "SELECT $email FROM $tr_table_u WHERE $c_id =". {#__comprofiler___user_id};
$db->setQuery($query);
$uemail = $db->loadResult();
return $uemail;

This does return the email as one would assume however the mapping or visibility of the email address seems to be compromised in the backend profile area. Its a strange issue that i cant work out!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 6 months ago #320534 by krileon
What version are you upgrading from? We haven't touched email fields in years so I can't think of any reason for this. So editing the user in frontend shows email fine and profile shows email fine? Does editing them in backend show email? Is it only missing from the table in CB > User Management? Does it show fine in Joomla Users > Manage?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 11 months ago #324209 by nctracs
Hi. I am having the same problem.

When I go to Community Builder: User Management, the list of users has the email field populated. I can see all of their email addresses. However, when I click on an individual user to edit, the email field goes blank. And then I cannot save without manually re-entering the email.

Interestingly, this is only happening with new users who have signed up during this past year. Older users from years ago maintain the email field when I click on a user.

I checked the database tables for CB and the email field is blank for recent registrants. So where is CB pulling the email from (I assume the Joomla users table) and why won't it save properly into CB?

Thanks!
Chad

2 years 11 months ago #324217 by krileon
CB pulls email from the _users table. There's no reason for it to be blank unless you've something altering Joomla or CB user storage processes preventing the email from saving, which would have to happen after registration since missing email would fail registration. If it's a 3rd party plugin causing the issue it'd likely be a 3rd party Joomla user plugin in Extensions > Plugins.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn