Wrong wording on Batch Tools for members

3 years 2 months ago #323134 by Ake2017
The batch tools buttons for members are not named properly.

The buttons are named "Select xxxx" etcetera. However, this is not (afaik) what they do.
They do not "select" (as in the search), in "batch" they "set".
The heading ---- Batch-Tools ---- should more informatively say, ---- Batch Tools - For selected/checked members, do ...----

And the the buttons should be labeled "Set xxxx to..." etcetera.

Then it will be more clear what will happen when the batch button is activated.
(Btw, I also miss an opportunity to set any field to a certain value.)

Regards / Ake

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 2 months ago #323152 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Wrong wording on Batch Tools for members
You're selecting a value to be set. This is no different than a dropdown in any of the configuration views stating "- Select Name Style -" for example. There are no plans to change this. If you'd like to change it yourself you can use language overrides.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 2 months ago #323232 by Ake2017
Replied by Ake2017 on topic Wrong wording on Batch Tools for members
Thanks for responding.
Well, to me there is a big difference "Selecting" a field for display (safe) and "Setting" a value to a field (potentially dangerous).
If you do not consider changing the wording on the button, then changing the heading could yet clarify what will happen.
And, btw, it is not the coder that decides whether the user's experience can be improved or not.

3 years 2 months ago #323246 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Wrong wording on Batch Tools for members
Change it to whatever you like using language overrides if you don't like the existing terminology. At this time there are no plans to change it until we've completely redone our views in CB 3.x.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 2 months ago #323268 by Ake2017
Replied by Ake2017 on topic Wrong wording on Batch Tools for members
I have no need for that, any more.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn