Joomla 4.2.1 breaks CB Login

1 year 6 months ago #330865 by ISCBprogrammer
Replied by ISCBprogrammer on topic Joomla 4.2.1 breaks CB Login
Okay, but if I turn on the redirect then both the joomla login module and the CB login module throw a TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS error. If I turn off that redirect then both of them work and if I deactivate the plugin entirely then both work as well. Doesn't that suggest there's an issue with the redirect of the CB system plugin?

I don't normally use both login modules, I only made a Joomla login module to try and get MFA working once I started getting the errors after upgrading to 4.2.2 from 4.1.5. Usually I only use the CB login module and would like to use MFA with it, but I'm having the issue described in this thread. Also, I don't want to hijack this thread if I'm not supposed to, should I open a new one describing my situation?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #330866 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Joomla 4.2.1 breaks CB Login
You need to install the latest CB build release. It fixes the redirect loop issues caused by CB itself. You can download latest build from our download page below or from within CBs install from web.

www.joomlapolis.com/downloads

If still having issues please provide what MFA method you've enabled on the account getting stuck in an infinite loop.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 6 months ago #330867 by ISCBprogrammer
Replied by ISCBprogrammer on topic Joomla 4.2.1 breaks CB Login
I was on 2.7.3 from July 2022 and joomla didn't say there was an update in the extension manager so I assumed I was an the latest release. Mea culpa. Manual install of 2022-09-20 got it working with the redirect enabled.

Thanks!

1 year 6 months ago #330868 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Joomla 4.2.1 breaks CB Login
Joomla updater can't handle build version checking so build releases are only available through our download page or CBs install from web. We'll have a new stable release out soon.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn