Potential Permission issue CB 2.8.0

1 year 2 months ago #332844 by scottmitchell56
Potential Permission issue CB 2.8.0 was created by scottmitchell56
See attachment
Jommla 3.10.11 Site has a page with a UserList on it. After upgrade to CB 2.8.0 the page draws correctly if I am logged in. 

When logged in (this page is a UserList with one User)
However, when I am not logged in and am technically "Public" the layout is all wonkyNot logged in When I look at the new Default Layout I note that the Access Level is Public. I think somehow these settings are not carrying through to the style elements, as when I set it to a higher access level ALL the content on the front end disappears.   Settings
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 2 months ago #332857 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Potential Permission issue CB 2.8.0
Looks like it's just missing its CSS or there's broken HTML. Within CB > Configuration > Integrations check if Bootstrap is turned off. CB uses Bootstrap 4 so if it's turned off you must load in Bootstrap 4 yourself (usually via Joomla template). I can't see any reason why logging in or out would matter for this though. We don't have access permissions blocking access to the CSS and it doesn't care what the plugins permissions are for this.

If using a custom CB template be sure to swap back to default in CB > Configuration > User Profile as well as we've rewritten our template structure in CB 2.8.0 so 3rd party templates probably are not compatible anymore.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 2 months ago #332861 by scottmitchell56
Replied by scottmitchell56 on topic Potential Permission issue CB 2.8.0
Thank you for the swift response. 
  • Within CB > Configuration > Integrations Bootstrap is turned on
  • Within CB > Configuration > User Profile Template is set to default

I still cannot understand why permissions would have anything to do with this, but clearly my logged in admin User is able to draw the page when Public does not. I have added the HTML created before and after the upgrade. I don't see a meaningful difference. 
Attachments:

1 year 2 months ago #332874 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Potential Permission issue CB 2.8.0
My best guess then is you're rendering something on the userlist that has broken HTML. Either in the userlist description or in one of the fields rendered on the userlist (e.g. Custom HTML field). We don't have permission checks against the CSS. You'll likely see it loaded in fine in your pages header.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn