Incorrect integer value: 'männlich' for column 'gender' at row 1

11 months 1 day ago #333901 by kletterdorf
The message in the thread title appears when saving profile updates (in that case canvas picture and avatar)
The updates are applied, despite the error message. I can only guess which field is affected, as there is no "gender" field. We have a field "cb_geschlecht", which is text and shows values like männlich or weiblich (male or female). Users can set their cb_geschlecht from a drop-down, after registration - so this information is not available for everyone

Our joomla version is 4.3.1
CB is on version 2.8.0+build.2023.03.17.19.11.55.64386eb8d
PHP Version 8.0.24
mysql  Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.7.42, for Linux (x86_64) using  EditLine wrapper

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 months 18 hours ago #333903 by krileon
A database column not prefixed by cb_ means the field wasn't created within CB > Field Management, but was done so programmatically. Typically by a plugin. Something seams to be trying to set a string into it despite it only accepting integers. Suggest unpublishing 3rd party installed CB plugins 1 by 1 to see what might be doing this.

You might also want to check _comprofiler_fields and see if there's a field row with tablecolumn set to "gender" to find what field is doing it. If there is none then something has added that column to _comprofiler for whatever reason and suggest making a backup then deleting that column.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 months 59 minutes ago #333910 by kletterdorf
thanks. I have checked some of these and here are my findings:
  • the error message changes, when cb_geschlecht is updated, e.g. from männlich to weiblich or NULL --> in that case it would read "Incorrect integer value: 'weiblich' for column 'gender' at row 1
  • cb_geschlecht was created using cb field management - back in 2005. The error message is fairly new, and must have to do something with recent changes
  • we are not using any 3rd party installed CB plugins
  • unpublishing  the field cb_geschlecht does not change the error message
  • geschlecht is German for "gender" - there is no column "gender" in table comprofiler 
    (query: SELECT user_id, firstname, lastname, cb_geschlecht, gender FROM kle_comprofiler WHERE user_id = 12345678)
unfortunately, I am still clueless on how to fix this problem. Would it help to delete cb_geschlecht and restore it from a backup?
Attachments:

10 months 4 weeks ago #333925 by krileon
Within your database navigate to _comprofiler_fields. Find your cb_geschlecht field and fix its tablecolumns value. It should be cb_geschlecht not gender. That's likely where it's broken. Seams like an old field from long ago that was created incorrectly without its prefix.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 months 4 weeks ago #333929 by kletterdorf
Thanks, I have checked _comprofiler_fields
I do not see what to change - seems like what you suggest to change is already there.

I wonder what the integer part of the message means - for some reason it seems to expect a number. right? but in the dropdown there is only text.
Attachments:

10 months 4 weeks ago #333935 by krileon
If no field is referencing "gender" in "tablecolumns" of _comprofiler_fields and there's no "gender" column in _comprofiler then you have something configured somewhere trying to query for a column that doesn't exist. Meaning your error is not likely to be coming from CB. It could be a 3rd party plugin, it could be a Joomla plugin, it could be custom SQL validation on a field if you ever owned CB Query Field at some point, etc..

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn