CB user edit – error when saving with field type “joomla”

10 months 6 days ago #333940 by ani333
HelloI defined custom fields in Joomla and want to use them in custom fields of CB (new feature with CB 2.8).In CB Field Management there’s no problem assigning the Joomla field type to new custom fields.Editing a CB user to fill in the new fields (type Joomla) causes not understandable errors when saving:fieldname : testIf there is only one field with type Joomla I could save without error (in my example field “Strasse”).Following cases end with the error (see also attachments):case 1•    Additional field “PLZ“ defined in Joomla (type text) and in CB (type Joomla)•    Edit CB user•    Enter a value in PLZ•    Save•    The error “PLZ : test” appears•    The value of PLZ is deleted by CB Saving is possible with this turnaround:•    Enter a value in PLZ•    Delete value in “Strasse”•    Save•    The value of “Strasse” is set automatically to the old valuecase 2•    Strasse, PLZ and Ort are of type Joomla•    All this fields already have a value•    Edit CB user•    Make no changes•    Save•    The error “PLZ : test / Ort : test” appears Saving is possible with this turnaround:•    Delete values of Strasse and PLZ•    Save•    The value of Strasse and PLZ are set automatically to the old valuesI made tests changing options of Joomla fields and of CB fields, with no result.Joomla debugging turned on didn’t show any error.I tried on several installations, all show the same errors.Software versionsJoomla: 4.3.1Community Builder: 2.8.0 build.2023.05.16.19.40.40.f3776312c  (free version)PHP: 8.1mySQL: 10.5.20-MariaDBInstalled extensions:Event BookingThank you and best regards
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 months 5 days ago - 10 months 5 days ago #333949 by krileon
There's a bug with the validation error outputting incorrectly, but am not seeing any other issues. What are your settings under Parameters > Display? Is the field marked required in Joomla user fields? or only in CB? Is this only happening in backend or also in frontend?

Have added a bug ticket to fix the validation error output.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/9180

Please also be 100% sure the field works fine in Joomla user edit before attempting to use it within CB itself. It must be a fully functional Joomla user field.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 months 5 days ago #333968 by ani333
The fields are marked "not required" in Joomla.
Settings under Parameters > Display are to use the Joomla settings. I tried also overwriting the Joomla settings with CB, with the same result.
The error appears in backend and in frontend.
There's no problem to register a new user directly in Joomla with the same fields.

10 months 4 days ago #333979 by krileon
Are the fields marked required in CB? Seams like there's a state conflict happening.

Settings under Parameters > Display are to use the Joomla settings.

Try setting the following and retry.

Joomla Field Required: No
Joomla Field Read Only: No

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 months 4 days ago #333986 by ani333
The fields are not required in CB and neither in Joomla.
I made  these settings in CB:
The same error appears.

Then I made a clean Joomla (4.3.1) installation with only Community Builder as extension.
I defined the custom fields in Joomla and in CB like this:

Joomla
Required: No
Access Level: Public
(there's no option for read only)

CB
Global
Type: Joomla
Required: Not Required
Read Only: No
Parameters - Display

In the frontend register form the custom fields appeared as disabled. So I changed the permission in the user configuration for user group Public:
Change value of own fields: permitted

The test in the attachment is on the frontend. I entered all information (3 custom fields). The error appears and the entered values are automatically deleted.

Attachments:

10 months 3 days ago #333993 by ani333
Additional information
I already mentioned it, but maybe this fact is important:
If there is only one user field of type Joomla, I can register as new user filling in a value in that field without problems.
The error begins to appear, when there are two or more Joomla type fields to fill in.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn