Kunena 1.6.1 and post sort preference

13 years 4 months ago #149389 by sozzled™
Kunena 1.6.1 and post sort preference was created by sozzled™
G'day, guys

I wonder if someone could take a look at the issues discussed at Wrong order of posts in the Kunena forum and give us your advice, please? I haven't confirmed the claims personally but I have no reason to suspect that this are genuine.

Always a pleasure to have your help and guidance.

Read my blog and
File Attachment:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 4 months ago #149394 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Kunena 1.6.1 and post sort preference
Confirmed changing the ordering field has no affect in Kunena. I reviewed the database table _kunena_users and confirmed changing the parameter does adjust the ordering column for the user. Would seam to be an issue with Kunena it self as the value is being adjusted accordingly.

Is there some sort of user object aching we need to be aware of that must be refreshed after a save? If so, anyway to disable that caching? I am aware that the is caching for boards access, but not aware of user object caching.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 4 months ago #149397 by sozzled™
Replied by sozzled™ on topic Re:Kunena 1.6.1 and post sort preference
Thanks, Krileon. I don't know too much about this problem - this is the first time I've seen it reported - and I have not yet had time to experiment with CB 1.3.1 so I cannot confirm anything more than what I have written. I'll take this matter up with the Kunena project team.

Let's see what happens. :)

Read my blog and
File Attachment:

13 years 4 months ago #149517 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Kunena 1.6.1 and post sort preference
Please do let us know the results. Very likely such a feature was removed, which is fine as the fields are legacy (we still support Fireboard and even Simpleboard) and not guaranteed to work on future releases.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.761 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn