Dropdown list colors/bold

13 years 2 months ago #153451 by jazzstudio
Dropdown list colors/bold was created by jazzstudio
Hi,

Based on an AWESOME tutorial here on the forums relating to the creation of a dropdown list in CB for all the countries in the world, I was able to import (step-by-step according to those instructions) the entire city-list for my country. Thanks folks.

Obviously all the cities are in various provinces (states?). At the top of each set of cities, is the name of the province, and then below it the list of the cities. Next province name, below it the cities in that province, next province, cities in the province...etc etc etc - you get the picture.

To distinguish the provinces from the cities (easily, visually) I added == before the province name, and == after the province name. This works ok, but we decided that we would prefer to have the provinces in another color, or in bold, or in a larger font. The == does, in fact, look a little cheap and amateurish.

Question: could someone advise whether there is a way to have some of the items on the dropdown list field highlighted either in another color, or as bold or larger font or something to that extent? I was wondering if I could use something like < bold > province name < / bold >

Thanks for any suggestions folks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #153709 by doitsolutions
Replied by doitsolutions on topic Re: Dropdown list colors/bold

jazzstudio wrote: Hi,

Based on an AWESOME tutorial here on the forums relating to the creation of a dropdown list in CB for all the countries in the world,

Sorry to not answer your question, but where is this tutorial for country / state / cities), this is exactly what I need to do for my Australian site.
(Anyone answer if you know please)

Thanks,

Michael A.

13 years 2 months ago #153759 by jazzstudio
Replied by jazzstudio on topic Re: Dropdown list colors/bold
Hi, I think if you search for dropdown list countries you'll find it. Let me see if I have it on THIS PC's history, but I think it's on my other one...that's where I worked on...
Ok, sorry, no...not on this PC. Other PC not here right now. Best suggestion for now is: search for "dropdown list single country" in the forum, it should pop up. It describes using phpmyadmin and your sql database. Rather simple and straight forward. If you don't find it, post here again, and I'll search my other PC's history when I have it again.

13 years 2 months ago #153932 by heyai
Replied by heyai on topic Re: Dropdown list colors/bold
Try having a look at the articles under Support - Articles :-)

hey-ai - the community for asian guys and non-asian girls

The search bar is your friend, not just decoration!
The following user(s) said Thank You: doitsolutions

13 years 2 months ago #153954 by doitsolutions
Replied by doitsolutions on topic Re: Dropdown list colors/bold
Perfect,

I found the Support - Articles section (always went right pas it through to the forums):
www.joomlapolis.com/support/articles

And here is the guide :) Yay!
I'll try it soon.
www.joomlapolis.com/support/articles/10208

Michael A.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn