You cannot edit a `group`. Only higher-level users

13 years 1 month ago #156121 by hache
Hello all ! :)
I'm facing some issues with CB 1.4 on J1.6, and I suppose it's usage since I did not see this error nowhere else.

I'm using many custom groups, one of them being kind of a HR Admin : be able to modify the users. However, I do not want users of this group to be super-admins, so no super-admin group for HR Admins.
I can connect to the backend, I can manage the groups, access levels and users with the Joomla interface. But when I click on any user to modify it from the CB backend, I get a "You cannot edit a `whatever the group is`. Only higher-level users have this power.". I don't have this error with super-admins.
I also cannot see all the tabs and fields with my HR Admin.

Here are some details on my config :
Joomla 1.6
CB 1.4 (with french language pack for 1.3.2)
Kunena 1.6.3
CB Configuration : (checked in the backend and ue_config.php file)
  • Moderation -> Moderator groups : HR Admin
  • Moderation -> Allow Moderators to Edit User Profiles : CB Moderators and levels above
CB has been a very powerful tool for my association, the fields and tabs management is very powerful. I think I missed some settings to set up this users manager group.

It would be more than great if you could provide some help :laugh:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #156554 by hache
ok, I found some clues...

My User admin is not a parent group of My members groups, that gets 2 tests to be true (I need them to be false):
cb.acl.php line 598
( $user_id && $obj->gid && ! in_array( $obj->gid, $this->get_group_children_ids( $myGid ) ) )
and
cb.tables.php line 2741
( ! in_array( $this->gid, getChildGIDS( $myGid ) ) )

I did a crappy workaround for now, my User Admin still requires to be Administrator os Super-user. I will try to have the tests rewritten to allow a moderator (as defined with 'imageApproverGid' in the ue_config.php) to pass the test.

In attachment a screenshot of my group list, if you want to understand the issue better.
- the ticked group is my User admin
- Membre LGDJ are my common users

I apologize for my bad english, hope you'll understand me :P
Attachments:

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #156558 by krileon
Custom admin child groups likely won't work too well for the time being. Due to the drastic change in ACL its made it difficult to integrate into J1.6 coming from J1.5. Getting child groups is no longer an easy task as for example Super Admins (now Super Users) isn't a child group of Registered users. This throws calculations and comparisons off completely. Until we've a better handle on J1.6 ACL usage in CB SOME custom groups may not work as expected.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago #156924 by hache
Indeed, that's what I found by looking a little bit into the code. I managed to make CB work as I need it, with some minor bugs that are not gamebreaking for my association.

Here are the few changes I've done, I can share you the code change I did if you're interested in :
- allow CB Moderator to edit any users
- display all tabs in the backend for CB Moderators
- display all groups in the userlists in the backend

It'll work while we wait for the CB version that will surely integrate well with Joomla 1.6 ACL.

In the meantime, thanks a lot for your hard work on Community Builder. :woohoo:
This is a wonderfull extension, and we're very gratefull that the main component is free, as we don't have lots of money on our hands. If I can help you by sharing my code change or some thoughts on Joomla 1.6 ACL, do not hesitate to ask me ! I'll try to help B)

13 years 1 month ago #157098 by samuel@raffleshouse.com
Replied by samuel@raffleshouse.com on topic Re: You cannot edit a `group`. Only higher-level users
Yes, I think there's a problem in integrating custom user groups in Joomla 1.6 with CB 1.4
I had assigned a user to 2 child groups of the same parents in Joomla 1.4.
In CB 1.4; I think that it can't recognise that assignment.

So I just want to confirm that currently CB 1.4 does not support Joomla 1.6 custom user groups integration?

Please confirm so at least I can wait and not try to fix the problem.

Thanks!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.251 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn