#3193 Grouping users

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #189252 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Grouping users

sarphati wrote: Group A and Group B are standard Joomla user groups.

You are right.

Currently you cannot filter for users that simultaneously belong to more than 1 group.

I have created a ticket to (possibly) address this in the future.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3193

Please note that not even Joomla user manager has such a filter (nor does Joomla mass emailer).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #189256 by sarphati
Replied by sarphati on topic Re: Grouping users
Hello Nick,

This I understand. That is why I asked if it is possible to feed a list of emails to the CB Mass Mailer.

I can easily create an interface that allows a user to select a group from 1 or more groups, countries, companies, etc.

I want to take this list of email address and send them to the CB Mass Mailer (or any mass mailer). I like the CB one so it would be perfect.

Is there a CB developer who would know how to do feed this email list to it?

Thank you again.
Darren

12 years 3 months ago #189258 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Grouping users

sarphati wrote: Hello Nick,

This I understand. That is why I asked if it is possible to feed a list of emails to the CB Mass Mailer.

I can easily create an interface that allows a user to select a group from 1 or more groups, countries, companies, etc.

I want to take this list of email address and send them to the CB Mass Mailer (or any mass mailer). I like the CB one so it would be perfect.

Is there a CB developer who would know how to do feed this email list to it?

Thank you again.
Darren

If you already have a list of emails, then why use CB Mass email to send things?

Just use external system / client.

You can also use this list to set a CB field value in the database and then filter off this value (SQL skills needed).

Nothing more I can suggest here.

10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #242606 by mhs_cb
Replied by mhs_cb on topic Re: Grouping users
Any news on the multiple group filtering? I'm in desperate need of this.

Ideally it would be nice to have a AND / OR function, so I can:

1. Filter for users who are members of Group A AND Group B (users who are members of multiple simultaneously)

2. Filter for users who are members of Group A OR Group B (users who are members of either group not necessarily simultaneously).

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn