[SOLVED] Block profile by user choice

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #151935 by bioboy
Hi all

there is a way to use uddeim block to block userview? into uddeim faq we find a little hack but actually seems it don't work with CB 1.3.1

there is a way to permit a user to block another while he block their message? these would be a very topic feature for our site

Bioboy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #151955 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Block profile by user choice
Sounds like something you'd need to propose to UddeIMs developer to implement. Am not aware of such a feature. You can find UddeIM specific boards at the following URL.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/25-uddeim-plugin-and-component

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 2 months ago #151963 by bioboy
Replied by bioboy on topic Re: Block profile by user choice
Krileon

thank you for your prompt reply!

yes I post on that forum but no answer from developer

ok I found some hack but this seems not working on CB 1.3.1

the hack is:
// BLOCKING-HACK 
if ( defined( 'JPATH_ADMINISTRATOR' ) ) { 
$user =&JFactory::getUser(); 
$myid = $user->id; 
$db =&JFactory::getDBO(); 
} else { 
global $my, $database; 
$myid = $my->id; 
$db = $database; 
} 
if ($myid) { 
$db->setQuery("SELECT COUNT(id) FROM `#__uddeim_blocks` WHERE blocker=".(int)$user->id." AND blocked=".(int)$my->id); 
$is_blocked = (int)$db->loadResult(); 
if ($is_blocked) { 
echo '<fieldset><legend>Ignore</legend>
<label for="description">The user has blocked his profile, so you cannot access it</label><br /><br /></fieldset>'; 
$showProfile = 0; 
} 
}

to insert before line:
if ( $showProfile == 1 ) {

into the file: /components/com_comprofiler/comprofiler.html.php

maybe somethings in the above code is wrong because the profile page give a blank screen
simply can you take a look at the code in order to advise if you look somethings wrong

I hope someone can help us with this issue

many thanks in advance

13 years 2 months ago #151996 by krileon
Best approach is to develop a new CB plugin which utilizes CB triggers (there is a trigger that fires before profile display) that redirects users away from the profile. More on trigger usage (and working example) can be found at the following URL.

www.allmysocials.com/tutorials/item/228-event-triggers

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 2 months ago #152626 by bioboy
Replied by bioboy on topic Re: Block profile by user choice
ok we are moved forward

we installed cbqueries plugin from incubator, there is a way to implement that function with this plugin?
into cb_triggers "field" we manually insert onBeforeUserProfileDisplay (because it is not listed in dropdown menu) now we are looking to know what is the best way to make a sql query to prevent user display on the base of uddeim block i trust this would be a fantastic function for all joomlapolitans because there is no block function in CB itself We hope you can give use the right way to solve it

13 years 2 months ago #152728 by krileon

now we are looking to know what is the best way to make a sql query to prevent user display on the base of uddeim block i trust this would be a fantastic function for all joomlapolitans because there is no block function in CB itself We hope you can give use the right way to solve it

This isn't something CB Queries can do. CB Queries executes a database query at specific CB triggers. This won't assist in preventing a user that has been blocked by another user from viewing their profile. I'd say CB Redirect, but that won't help either as it is not conditional. I still stand by my initial suggest that you'll need to develop a new plugin to accomplish what you're wanting; is simply too specific for incubator projects.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn