Will plugins/add ons need to be updated for 1.4?

13 years 2 months ago #152687 by SurfCitySue
I noticed that CB Content Bot was written for 1.6 as well as 1.0 and 1.5 and it got me thinking...

Will all plugins/add-ons need to be rewritten for Joomla! 1.6 and CB 1.4?

Will CB Subs need to be fixed? What is the road map from there?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #152695 by nant

SurfCitySue wrote: I noticed that CB Content Bot was written for 1.6 as well as 1.0 and 1.5 and it got me thinking...

Will all plugins/add-ons need to be rewritten for Joomla! 1.6 and CB 1.4?

Will CB Subs need to be fixed? What is the road map from there?

I would say that most of the CB Team Add-ons will be ok with CB 1.4 and Joomla 1.6.

A few might need minor updating.

CBSubs might also.

We have been testing our add-ons with internal CB 1.4 builds and they are working fine with Joomla 1.6.

13 years 2 months ago #152727 by SurfCitySue
Thank you. Let's just hope you have a productive day :P .

13 years 2 months ago #152768 by krileon
I've tested all core plugins and all incubator projects on Joomla 1.6 using CB 1.3 (internal build, not public release) and CB 1.4 (not yet released). All are working in the current state except for a few which will of course be released as new versions. Most issues were API issues where CB needed to be updated. Plugins use that API thus by fixing the API also fixed plugins. ;)

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 2 months ago #152777 by SurfCitySue
Very cool.

Can we expect the updates to the those few plugins and incubator projects close to the release of 1.4RC for thorough testing by us Professionals? And if not, then can we know which ones to avoid till they are fixed?

13 years 2 months ago #152781 by krileon

Can we expect the updates to the those few plugins and incubator projects close to the release of 1.4RC

Yes, incubator projects are unchanged.. all tested working in current state.

then can we know which ones to avoid till they are fixed?

Can't recall off the top of my head which were fixed. You can monitor our progress at our forge at the following URL.

forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/cb?jump=welcome

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.314 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn