[#2283] Joomla 1.6 + CB 1.4 Login problem

13 years 2 months ago #153164 by SurfCitySue
Replied by SurfCitySue on topic Re: Joomla 1.6 + CB 1.4 Login problem
Server is in Mountain Standard Time and is hosted by Godaddy on a Virtual Dedicated Server. I confirmed with Godaddy Staff that they house those somewhere near Phoenix, AZ USA.

In my configuration.php file, as of 2 days ago I have set...

public $offset = 'America/Phoenix';
public $offset_user = 'UTC';

beat and I went over that two days ago. Initially and mistakenly, I did have it set for Los Angeles.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #153175 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Joomla 1.6 + CB 1.4 Login problem
Interesting, could you please contact your host and ask if they're doing rolling restarts on their server? Some/most hosts do a restart every day at a set time. Can't really think of why this would be happening. Is any caching enabled (Joomla or Server side)? The session issue is rather on-going for many releases, but we've never been able to pinpoint the cause.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 2 months ago #153194 by SurfCitySue
I get a SMS message each time my server restarts. It rarely does. Being Virtual Dedicated, I have ability to restart the server whenever I need to.

Caching is disabled...

public $caching = '0';
public $cache_handler = 'file';
public $cachetime = '15';

I have thought about changing cachetime to 0 even though caching is already 0, just to see what would happen.

Can you give me some examples of "server side" caching? I use cPanel Web Host Manager (WHM) on the server and create sub cPanel hosting accounts for each of my businesses.

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #153195 by SurfCitySue
I have a prediction that I will encounter this error at 4:00 PM today my time and not a moment sooner. I will tell you why. The GMT date will change at 4:00 PM today to February 5th, whereas I and my server will still be in February 4th.

Somewhere in your session handler, you are probably comparing date/time based on time alone, assuming the date is the same, but since there is a mismatch of the day it produces an error.

Furthermore the error seems to go away after 11:00 PM my time, which is 12:00 AM my server's time which is a new calender day that matches what GMT's day currently is.

I bet if I change my servers time to GMT and my Joomla time to GMT, the error will go away. I can easily test this.

Are there any error logs I can turn in to you that would give you any indication what is going on?

13 years 2 months ago #153209 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Joomla 1.6 + CB 1.4 Login problem
I see, have a good idea on how to test this and will look deeper into the issue. We've already a bug ticket for session errors and will add this thread to the ticket if not done already.

#2283 - forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/2283

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 2 months ago #153210 by SurfCitySue
I see you found the issue is residing in Joomla 1.6 from the looks of your last update to the bug in your bug tracker. Nice!

I went ahead and changed the timezone on my server to GMT and Joomla to UTC for now so i wont be affected by this and can continue to develop after 4:00 PM till 11:00 PM.
The following user(s) said Thank You: beat

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn