CB 1.4 jos_core_acl_aro not there, names gone

13 years 2 months ago #153292 by lmelnick
So, I was able to just delete everything and installed a new version of joomla 1.6, then CB 1.4, then Udde 2.3. It all worked perfectly, but my host couldn't populate the subdirectory I made, so I went in a back way to do all the set up and installs in the admin backend. They finally got the correct path up and running but joomla wasn't recognizing it, so I called their support and they did something to fix it. The admin module was still not coming up with the right path so I contacted them again, they did something, and the admin log in page finally did come up on the right path, but now no logins are working in the frontend or backend. I can't access joomla administration any more from the back way I had used before either.

I went to my Joomla install script on my host and it allows for a few advanced joomla fixes through Simple Scripts: I updated the location, then sent myself a new login email. The link to the new login was the correct path, but it still doesn't recognize my login. I tried to do "update access information" through the same Simple Script, but it said I didn't have access. I checked myphp and my user information was still populated in jos_users, but the name again had been lost in jos_comprofiler.

I tried to log in on the front end again, and got the error message from earlier: Session expired or cookies are not enabled in your browser. Please press "reload page" in your browser, and enable cookies in your browser. Please refresh/reload page before filling-in. I refreshed the page serveral times, and tried the URL, and duplicated this in Firefox, IE and Chrome, getting the same error. 6:30 pm, Central time. I have Chicago as my timezone in site config.

I tried to create a new user from registering through the frontend and then using php to give administrator rights, but the login is not working for that user either on front or back end. I can get to my config files through ftp and use myphpadmin.

I thought that maybe my permissions had been turned off so I used this sql code that I found in a forum to turn it all back on in myphpadmin: "UPDATE `jos_assets` SET `id` = 1,`parent_id` = 0,`lft` = 0,`rgt` = 319,`level` = 0,`name` = 'root.1',`title` = 'Root Asset',`rules` = '{"core.login.site":{"6":1,"2":1},"core.login.admin":{"6":1},"core.admin":{"8":1},"core.manage":{"7":1,"10":1},"core.create":{"6":1},"core.delete":{"6":1},"core.edit":{"6":1},"core.edit.state":{"6":1}}' WHERE `jos_assets`.`id` = 1;"

Still not working. I don't get any error message when I don't get logged in, it just refreshes and takes me back to the same admin log in page. When it doesn't work on the frontend, it does take me to the redir page I had set up in the CB login module which it says I don't have access to view. it's set to Special, which I should have, and it doesn't recognize me as logged in.

My site's correct path is: esd10.linktoaustin.com/. The one I had been using to access it was: www.laineymelnick.com/esd

Thanks for your help!

--Lainey

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #153294 by lmelnick
I hadn't responded because I didn't have that problem again until today:

Timezone of browser:
- which time of day does that happen (in your local browser timezone) ?
Started at 6:30 pm (Central Time), it's 8:55 pm and it's still happening.

- what is your local browser timezone ? (UTC+?)
I can't figure out how to find this, I used Firefox 3.6.13, IE 8.0.7600.16385. and Chrome. My PC is set to: (UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)

- what is the timezone of your server location ? and its timezone setting ?
My server is hostmonster.com and it looks like they're in Utah, and their timezone is Mountain Time

- what is the offset and offset_user setting in configuration.php ?
public $offset = 'America/Chicago';
public $offset_user = 'UTC';

I didn't see the patch that you uploaded until just now, but I edited the file and uploaded it back to the site at 8:15 pm, but the error is still there and now it's 8:55 pm Central. I can't see a way to put this comment on the other site you mentioned.

Thank you,

Lainey

UPDATE: It's 1:13 am now and the error is gone now, although the log in still doesn't recognize me or my permissions, but it does pull up the redir page that I put in CB Login.

13 years 2 months ago #153310 by beat

lmelnick wrote: UPDATE: It's 1:13 am now and the error is gone now, although the log in still doesn't recognize me or my permissions, but it does pull up the redir page that I put in CB Login.

1) Which exact error did you get at 8:55 pm Central ?
2) Which exact error do you get when trying logging in 1:13 am now ?

There are at least two different issues being discussed in this thread, so it's being confusing.

One of the issue is probably due to database issue. Do a CB -> Tools -> Check all database submus

To comment on forge, you need to login there, with same username/password as here.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #153344 by lmelnick

Session expired or cookies are not enabled in your browser. Please press "reload page" in your browser, and enable cookies in your browser. Please refresh/reload page before filling-in.

Sorry for any confusion. The above is the error that I got from 6:30 pm to 1:15 am.
When I was able to log in without the error at 1:15 am it took me to the redir page I set up in CB login in which has Special restrictions and gave me this error:

Notice Error * You are not authorised to view this resource.

I should be authorized to view this resource. It also doesn't show the User Menu and doesn't allow me to edit my profile.

I can't run CB>tools, because I can't login to the site on the front or back end. I can't uninstall because I can't log in. Do I need to upgrade Joomla to fix the log in issue? Is the problem CB or Joomla, or both? Is there a way to run CB>tools or uninstall from myphpadmin or through ftp?

Thank you,

Lainey

13 years 2 months ago #153352 by nant

I can't run CB>tools, because I can't login to the site on the front or back end. I can't uninstall because I can't log in. Do I need to upgrade Joomla to fix the log in issue? Is the problem CB or Joomla, or both? Is there a way to run CB>tools or uninstall from myphpadmin or through ftp?

Thank you,

Lainey

CB has nothing to do with backend login - so if you have an issue there then the problem is more general Joomla.

13 years 2 months ago #153582 by lmelnick
I have now figured out where the issue lies on the session timeout on the frontend for users. It does not seem to be a timezone issue after all. If I disable the CB Login, and instead use the Login and Logout menu items, I don't get the error. So I am not using the Login module. I was getting the error continually, and made this change, and the error disappeared.

I have rebuilt the site in a clean subdirectory and have managed to keep everything working now that I have taken off the CB Login. I just have to re-think the user interface a bit to adjust for the loss of that module.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.610 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn