Customizing Registration Process

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #153620 by laptoproadie
Replied by laptoproadie on topic Re: Customizing Registration Process
I'm also trying to make use of some of these field features. Where can I find this UI? I can't find a control panel per se on the backend to do this.

I couldn't find much documentation, either. I'm sure it's just not done yet, but just letting you know I tried to find some of these answers myself :)

** I FOUND IT PLEASE DISREGARD **

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #153625 by laptoproadie
Is it possible to put a description at the top of each step in the process to describe that step? We have a medical tab and they would like to have the top of that step give an overview of why they are doing this step, etc etc.

Thanks you wonderful people!

Will

13 years 2 months ago #153632 by laptoproadie
Field validation. It doesn't appear this is working right now. Validating that the fields are not empty works, but it's not using the regular expressions to validate the format of the fields.

Thanks!
Will

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #153652 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Customizing Registration Process

How do I get the registration intro text to show up for the step-by-step registration process? That's the only thing I've found so far that I need to fix with this new registration process.

No idea, it doesn't touch such parameters or HTML. Simply adding header/footer should display in the header/footer positions.

Is it possible to put a description at the top of each step in the process to describe that step? We have a medical tab and they would like to have the top of that step give an overview of why they are doing this step, etc etc.

Yes, add a description to the tab (tabs are your steps). You could also add a delimiter field to the tab that is before all other fields; maybe the better approach.

Field validation. It doesn't appear this is working right now. Validating that the fields are not empty works, but it's not using the regular expressions to validate the format of the fields.

Working as intended; REGEX validation never happened JS based. REGEX validation will always happen upon posting the registration form (clicking Register).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 2 months ago #153683 by laptoproadie
I figured about the validation. It would be alot more work to pass all of the validation from the db to the view and then code the javascript to then use it.

Would you mind directing me to where the javascript is that handles the empty field validation? I will probably just hard code the field validation because of time constraints for right now. However, if you think anyone else might like this approach and wouldn't mind helping me find where the code lies I would like to help code this solution for you guys.

13 years 2 months ago #153723 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Customizing Registration Process

laptoproadie wrote: Sure would nant.

Let me know what format you would like and any points you'd like me to hit on and I'll put something together. Just give me some time to put together a good one.

Will

Just created a Testimonials section here:

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/223-testimonials

It's a moderated forum area, so your post will not appear right-away.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.243 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn