[SOLVED] User Managment and email

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #156453 by mcrone
[SOLVED] User Managment and email was created by mcrone
My task: I have 400+ users to add to the CB user database and would like to delay the emails that are sent until a later time.

Questions:

1) If I write a PHP script to add the users directly to the MySQL dB, what other tables need updated at the same time to keep everything in sync for CB?

2) If, instead, I manually add each user through the Backend, is there a way to delay the automatic email until some time in the future?

I appreciate your help and find CB a great addition to my new Joomla 1.6 website.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #156454 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: User Managment and email

1) If I write a PHP script to add the users directly to the MySQL dB, what other tables need updated at the same time to keep everything in sync for CB?

Direct database additions of users can be dangerous. I won't even recommend what tables. Please use CB Juice to mass import users via CSV files.

2) If, instead, I manually add each user through the Backend, is there a way to delay the automatic email until some time in the future?

Only way I can think of is to edit Joomla global configuration mailing information and set it to something invalid like Send Mail with a path of "NOT-VALID" this would prevent the email function from working as of course details are invalid. Once done adding users you could change back to valid details.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago #156475 by mcrone
Replied by mcrone on topic Re: User Managment and email
Thanks, Kyle. You guys are fast.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn