conflict with conditional plugin and cbsubs

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #157350 by wgary
It seems that fields controlled by the incubator conditional plugin conflicts with cbsubs plans.

My scenario:
  • There is a radiobutton with "type of invoice" - private or company
  • If company is selected, additional fields like company_name, company_address should be shown otherwise these fields should be hidden.
  • Parallel I have different cbsubs plans. On some plans the field "type of invoice" and all other fields are hidden, on other plans these fields are enabled. This is done via cbsubs workflow "Hides fields at registration".

What I excpect is that the fields respect the cbsubs condition and additional the conditional plugin settings. I expect if a plan is selected which show the radiobutton "type of invoice" with value "Privat" all company related fields should be hidden. But if the url of this plan is opened, initially all fields are visible based on cbsubs ignoring the conditional plugin.

Also I have played round to change the order of the plugins without any success.

So it was useless to install the conditional plugin? Or any tipp how to fix this issue?

br
Wolfgang

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #157428 by krileon
CBSubs and CB Conditional use the relatively same jQuery methods to show/hide fields. Do not hide a field with CBSubs then also conditional display it with CB Conditionals, this will cause obvious conflicts. CBSubs conditional display is minor, it hides fields on registration based off plan select, period. CB Conditional expands past this to profile edit, to show/hide other fields based on field value and much more.. It's not useless, beyond such actually, it just depends on your needs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago #157475 by wgary
Hi Krileon, Thanks for quick reply.

Sorry, I didnt mean the cond plugin is useless. It is working perfect, if no cbsubs plan is invoked.

I only thought for my scenaria / requirements it does not help. And I interpret your answer like this.

br
Wolfgang

13 years 1 month ago #157541 by krileon
I'll review some way for the JS to not conflict, but given that both use the same methods to show/hide fields they probably will not play nice with one another (constantly show/hiding fields back and forth).

If something is implemented then CBSubs will have priority. As in if CBSubs hides a field then CB Conditional won't show/hide it (basically can't manipulate it).

Think I know of a way to do this as CBSubs and CB Conditional both add a special temporary class. If I add to CB Conditional to use a different class and make sure CBSubs class doesn't exist it should be golden!

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 2 weeks ago #161078 by wgary

Think I know of a way to do this as CBSubs and CB Conditional both add a special temporary class. If I add to CB Conditional to use a different class and make sure CBSubs class doesn't exist it should be golden!

I dont understand - is this already done? So I am able to use it? I havnt found a preference. Any tipp how to configure?

br
Wolfgang

13 years 2 weeks ago #161083 by krileon
No, this is not fixed. You won't see any kind of different if/when it is. Except that CB Conditional will do nothing on a field hidden by CBSubs. In latest release it is not implemented.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.321 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn