[#2681] J1.7 CB1.7RC There are no published user lists!

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #170679 by liv
I use joomla 1.7 CB 1.7RC : User list not visible for public/everybody even though it is configured to be accesible to everybody.
User Group to allow access to: "Everybody"

The same user list worked on CB 1.4. When I upgraded to CB 1. RC I have to login to see the userlist which is published and for "everyone"/public.

I also have to redo all the userlevels, since it seems to have to be hierarchic in CB 1.7 RC to be able to edit them. When I in backend am loged in as superadmin I get this message: You cannot edit a `registered`. Only higher-level users have this power. This worked on CB 1.4.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago #170754 by krileon
Was able to confirm your issue and have created a bug ticket to further track. I apologize for the inconvenience.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/2681

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: menduni, liv

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #170795 by liv
Thank you very, very much!!!
I changed cb.acl.php as you described and now the User list is visible for public/everybody when it is configured to be accesible to everybody. This works perfect!!!

But I still have the problem when I in backend am loged in as superadmin (user = superadmin, user group = super users) I get this message in CB: 'You cannot edit a `registered`. Only higher-level users have this power. This worked on CB 1.4. Excemple: Super Users have wieving-access to a user-group called "administration-group" but in CB1.7RC users in the group super-users can't edit users in the user-group administration-group although it is configured in such a way that it should be possible.

I see that I can rearrange the user-group-levels and then it will probably work but then I can only have one usergroup on each level)? Instead of heaving every user-group directly over public (Group-Parent=Public) and set Wieving-access-levels (which is possible in J1.7 where I as superadmin (user group: super users) can edit users but not in CB 1.7RC), I can arrange user-groups in the same way as "public - registered - author - editor - publisher" but again only one user-group at each level. If I want to have editor1 and editor2 the publisher can only edit the one that is under publisher? I am not able to arrange this with Wieving-access-levels?

12 years 9 months ago #170860 by krileon

But I still have the problem when I in backend am loged in as superadmin (user = superadmin, user group = super users) I get this message in CB: 'You cannot edit a `registered`. Only higher-level users have this power. This worked on CB 1.4. Excemple: Super Users have wieving-access to a user-group called "administration-group" but in CB1.7RC users in the group super-users can't edit users in the user-group administration-group although it is configured in such a way that it should be possible.

I see that I can rearrange the user-group-levels and then it will probably work but then I can only have one usergroup on each level)? Instead of heaving every user-group directly over public (Group-Parent=Public) and set Wieving-access-levels (which is possible in J1.7 where I as superadmin (user group: super users) can edit users but not in CB 1.7RC), I can arrange user-groups in the same way as "public - registered - author - editor - publisher" but again only one user-group at each level. If I want to have editor1 and editor2 the publisher can only edit the one that is under publisher? I am not able to arrange this with Wieving-access-levels?

I don't understand. So you changed the default layout of the usergroups from Joomlas defaults? CB currently doesn't support new usergroups outside of Joomlas default parent groups. Please see below bug ticket.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/2667

Could not duplicate your issue and was able to edit users perfectly fine as a Super User.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 9 months ago #171049 by jbauerca
i upgraded to 1.7 and my lists are not accessible as well. what can i do?

also the picture gallery plugin is not compatible with 1.7 is there any idea when a compatible plugin will be available?

12 years 9 months ago #171053 by nant

jbauerca wrote: i upgraded to 1.7 and my lists are not accessible as well. what can i do?

also the picture gallery plugin is not compatible with 1.7 is there any idea when a compatible plugin will be available?

What picture gallery plugin?
What do you mean not compatible?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.111 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn