[#2714] like a Bug in Password Reminder

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #172922 by jojo12
Hi (using joomla 1.5.23, cb 1.7)
When I want to know my forgotten password, I get a mail only with username. About the same Mail I get, when I ask for username. Because I am using Email for login, the persons should have the possibility to get the password.
Only when I also input the username, then I get the mail with the password.
(It's just long ago I went this way, and then there was not this problem!)

Because it's a life site, I would be happy to get a solution very quickly.
Thanks in advance

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #173083 by jojo12
Replied by jojo12 on topic Re: Bug in Password Reminder - complicated
To much safety! complicated! :( How can I change.

I newly found (without your answer), that you changed this. When you forgot or don't know the username, you have to ask now in two different steps first for the username, then for the password.
Earlier this was not like that (only one step)
Because I want to work (worked) only with the Email and the password (for to be less complicated, it's now really bad! How can I (we) change that?
For me this is like a bug :sick:

12 years 7 months ago #173098 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Bug in Password Reminder - complicated

Earlier this was not like that (only one step)

Has always worked like this. To require the email only to retrieve the password you need to change how users login to CB with the parameter "Login field type" within CB > Configuration > General to "Email".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jojo12

12 years 7 months ago #173112 by jojo12
Thanks, yes indeed with only email configuration it works. I forgot I changed that once.
But I found a bug. I have to enter email address and security code. When I enter the email address, the button says "Send username". But that's wrong: Should say "Send password" or something like that.

12 years 7 months ago #173138 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Bug in Password Reminder - complicated
The button by default unless translated otherwise says "Send Username/Password". Please review your language plugin and change to "Send Password" as necessary.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 7 months ago #173219 by jojo12
Excuse me but this ism't true. It's not a problem of translation. I will show you with english language as standard:
(with Email as option for login)

In login window I click "forgot login", this opens the window "lost your password"
This window asks me for "email address" and "enter security code". There's the button "Send username/password. In the moment I start to enter the email address, the buton changes to
"Send username". (And this naming is wrong and misleading) After clicking it sends me the new password. That's ok.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn