[#2761] Groupjive with multiple Joomla Access Groups

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #175937 by pheinrichs
Hi there, I'm having troubles having users access Groupjive groups if they belong to more than one Joomla Access Groups. I am using Joomla 1.7, Community Builder 1.7, and Groupjive 2.4rc2. I'll try to explain:

The following have been setup:
User 1

Category 1
Category 2

Groups 1
Groups 2

Joomla Access Group 1 (parent is "Registered")
Joomla Access Group 2 (parent is "Registered")

Scenarios:
1. If User1 has been assigned to only Joomla Access Group 1 and Categories 1/2 and Groups 1/2 are all configured to allow access from Joomla Access Group 1 all is good. User 1 can access both groups without a problem.

2. If same scenario as #1 but User1 has been assigned to both Access Joomla Access Group 1 and 2, access to both Groups 1 and 2 are blocked by "not authorized"

3. Group 1 is under Category 1 and both are accessible by Joomla Access Group 1. Groups 2 is under Category 2 and both are accessible by Joomla Access Group. If User 1 is assigned to both Joomla Access Group 1 and 2, User 1 will only have access to Group 1. Group 2 will be "not authorized" .

Hoping someone can help with this.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #175968 by krileon
Strange, have made a bug ticket to further investigate. It's possible with the ACL changes in CB 1.7 that it has broken the backwards GID function used in GJ 2.x.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/2761

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn