Groups missing from my Group List

12 years 7 months ago #176755 by dacker
Groups missing from my Group List was created by dacker
When I go into CB with my user id (that has superUser privs) I am not seeing all the groups... However I do see them under User manger.

If I login with another admin account, they show up fine.

I should note my ID got messed up and I deleted it and it got recreate with another ID #

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #176814 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Groups missing from my Group List
Could you please be more specific, what groups exactly are missing? Could you please provide what your usergroup structure is within Joomla? Are they custom usergroups that aren't showing? Joomla version? CB version? Are you referring to groups in GroupJive or groups in the usergroup drop-down in CB > User Management?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 6 months ago #176815 by dacker
Replied by dacker on topic Re: Groups missing from my Group List
Joomla 1.7 CB 1.7 PHP 5.2.x

I'll add the screen shots. I did open up a ticket as I need to get this resolved and I don't know which is the best place to handle this.

These are all my groups:

and this is what I see when I am logged in as my ID:

Attachments:

12 years 6 months ago #176822 by dacker
Replied by dacker on topic Re: Groups missing from my Group List
OK . I know what's causing this .. If my group is just "Super User" , it works fine .. but once I add any other group, I get this behavoir.

For some reason Super User doesn't give me access to my "Event Leader" level on the front end .

Is this a Joomla or CB bug or and I not understanding something. I though you inherit any higher levels (above you) and Super User has everything.

12 years 6 months ago #176834 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Groups missing from my Group List

OK . I know what's causing this .. If my group is just "Super User" , it works fine .. but once I add any other group, I get this behavoir.

Yup, this is a known issue. Please only give your self the top-most usergroup and not top most then lower as it will mess up how CB checks usergroups. We'll be improving this with release of CB 2.0 where ACL handling will be rewritten. We're still working with a design that was for mambo, J1.0, and J1.6 where the usergroups were static and unchanged.

For some reason Super User doesn't give me access to my "Event Leader" level on the front end .

It's possible this could be due to any of the J1.6/J1.7 bugs found on our forge. Please see below link for current issues and possible fixes.

forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/cb/issues?set_filter=1&tracker_id=1

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 6 months ago #176863 by dacker
OK ..Thanx ....Do you have an estimate for 2.0 ?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.268 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn